Monday, November 16, 2015

The Thing About Tags...

... is that, ultimately, little attention is paid to them. Tags go on gifts; the recipient ascertains that the gift is for them, and that's it. So the tag I present today, for Day 9 of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event, will likely not ever be replicated again. 


It's a shaker tag! My good friend Emily was one of Tracey's Day 9 guests, and so I thought it only right to choose to be inspired by her tag. I have now decided that a shaker tag takes way more effort than can ever be justified! At least I find them complex to make. I started by cutting the round tag from white and blue cardstock, fun foam and acetate. I used a smaller circle die to cut the centre from the blue cardstock and the fun foam. Then stamped and coloured the snowman. I thought about stamping a few snowflakes, but decided they might distract from the sequins. The hard part, really, was finding the right adhesive to get the fun foam and the acetate to stick together! I now know that matte multi medium, which seems so awesome for everything else, DOES NOT WORK. Of course in the meantime, I had it spread all over the place, so had to be very careful as I laid strips of double-sided tape over top. So while I like the finished product, and think it will be fun on a parcel, let's say it will be a long time before I make another. :D 
Supplies: white & blue cardstock, fun foam, acetate, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, PApertrey Ink Tag Sale #4 & Spellbinders circle dies, Spectrum Noir & Sharpie markers, assorted Darice sequins

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

A shaker tag?!?! Whoa. And yeah, they get tossed aside as presents are opened. Sad, really.

Leslie Hanna said...

Hmmm, maybe if you put the to/from on the backs, you can collect the tags and use them on card fronts for next year.

Dotty Jo said...

Soooooooooo lovely! A tag to treasure in my opinion, Jo x

Teresa Doyle said...

That is so awesome Lindsey but I know what you mean. I recently made one for someone and I was ALL morning making ONE shaker tag! GEEZ...A LOT of work but I had to admit I loved the outcome. You would have to be giving it to someone who appreciates it because you could never sell one and get what it worth in your time! LOL

Tracey McNeely said...

Your inner circle is perfectly centered Lindsey--so cute! Thank you so much for linking up to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Chris Dring said...

That is why I don't make tags, they just get tossed away. Sadly. But THIS tag I would hang on the tree! A shaker tag! Who would of thought?!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute shaker tag which should be hung as an ornament not tossed away!