Saturday, November 14, 2015

Do You Yodel?


Not surprisingly, Edna sure does! And the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers' new challenge is Y is for Yodelayeehoo — make a card with a music theme! My card for the challenge has a complete lack of snark...


I went to my Pinterest boards for inspiration, and found this card by Lucy Abrams. I even have the same background stamp! I decided to use green for my emboss resist background. Of course I decided that before looking at my glitter papers, and realized I didn't like any of them with the green. So I die cut my joy out of white, coloured over it with my Gelly Roll glitter pen, then layered on the Glossy Accents. I also cut two more out of bristol board for layering, and one out of gold pearl paper. Eventually, my die cut was dry, and I used the gold as a shadow behind the main sentiment. A close-up:



I added a few sequin stars and some gold and white twine to finish off the card. 
Of course, once I get going on a music theme, I run with it. (My crafting music collection is second only to cats...) I wandered over to Muse: ChristmasVisions for my inspiration this time. The muse this week is Chriss Blagrave with this card: 



I was inspired by the overall design of the card, the floral elements, the central sentiment, and the way the card is framed around the edge. Here is my musical version:

Ugh to that imperfection on the right side of the
frame. It's not there in real life!

I stamped a bunch of the poinsettias and leaves so I could play with different arrangements. I sponged the edges of the music paper to soften it a bit. The sentiment is embossed in gold. 
Some of my sisters of course managed to combine snark with their music! We also have Creepy Glowbugg (Gloria) as our latest guest designer. Check out their creations, and then I hope you'll join us! 



Supplies: (joy) white cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, gold pearl paper, Hero Arts musical collage stamp, PTI Wonderful Words: Joy die,  Colorbox frost white & mowed lawn distress ink, Wow white embossing powder, Gelli Roll clear glitter pen, Glossy Accents, Studio Calico sequins, Twinery gold shimmer twine, fun foam; (noel) white & DCWV gold metallic cardstock, Teresa Collins Santa's List patterned paper, WPlus9 Pretty Poinsettias stamps & dies, Papertrey Ink Think Big Favourites #8 stamp, Versamark, Memento ladybug & cottage ivy, Stampin' Up real red, Simon Says Stamp schoolhouse red & leaf green, Brilliance galaxy gold & old paper distress inks, Pirate's Gold embossing powder


Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Hmmm, music. I think I might be able to pull this off. :) And I love all of your cards. It's fun to be inspired, non?

Chris Dring said...

A two-for!! Both of your cards are stunning. Good call not snarking them up!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous cards, love them both but the green one the bestest, I must try that technique one day, you have inspired me.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful - love the brightness of the poinsettias and the big gold frame! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Lindsey!

Donna said...

Sistah these cards are so gorgeous no snark is required...and when do I ever say that???? Fab job!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your music themed cards! The golden Noël framed with your poinsettias and wide gold frame is so elegant!
So happy that you joined in with MCV!

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful designs. Love them both. Especially the emboss resist. xxD

Birgit said...

Great take on the MCV card! Yes, of course, both cards are great:)

Marilyn said...

Wonderful take on the MCV card ... love the bright colors.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the music score background on both cards!! Very beautiful colors..

Marybeth said...

Beautiful cards! Congratulations on your win over at MUSE I love the blooms mixed with music!