Thursday, November 12, 2015

Back to the Tags

I'm up to Day 6 of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas TagsJeanne's colour-blocked tag caught my eye right away — time to bring out the paint chips! I was also inspired by her choice of one main die cut image, and use of sequins as embellishments. Here's mine: 



Jeanne used pinks and gold; I chose blues and silver. I didn't really have a suitable die cut image to use, so decided to go with this image/sentiment instead. See the little stars that get cut out of the jingle bell? I VERY briefly thought to use them as well as sequins. I quickly decided they were a little too small for my patience level at that moment. 
Paint chips and glitter paper... it's all good! :D

Supplies: white cardstock, American Crafts silver glitter paper, paint chip, Lil' Inkers Jingle Joy & Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #2 dies, Darice sequins, silver elastic cord, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the idea of using a paintchip - that way you know your colours match! lol! I love colour blocking and that joy and the sequins are perfect with these blues!

Teresa Doyle said...

The paint chip is awesome and love the "O" in jOy. Super cute!

Leslie Hanna said...

You do paint chips well. I always suk with them. And if you use a pick-up-stick thingy, those tiny stars are no problem. I'll let it go, this time ... :P

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey your pain chip is a fantastic idea for a tag. I have used one for a card but never a tag. 😘. Thank you for linking up to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Chris Dring said...

Brilliant idea using paint chips! Love the way you used this soft blue one with the silver. I think the middle color is the color of my craft room. Hmmm.