Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Eleventh Day of Christmas Tags

Why yes, I have another tag today for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event. For Day 11, I chose Jane Taylor's homespun Santa tag. I was inspired by her mostly neutral colour scheme, her main Santa image and her use of a double tag. 


I die cut two tags, then moved one tag in the die so it would trim a bit from the bottom. On the shorter tag, I stamped and coloured my Santa, then sponged some distress ink around the edges. On the bottom tag, I simply stamped the small sentiment. I thought about sponging this tag, too, but decided I liked the contrast. Some jute twine tie the two tags together. 

Supplies: Stampin' Up naturals ivory cardstock, Cavellini Vintage Christmas & Unity/Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder stamps, Versafine onyx black, Stampin' Up real red & old paper distress inks, Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #4 die, distress markers, May Arts jute twine

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Thrilled to have inspired your fabulous tag!

Tracey McNeely said...

You are on a roll my friend. Thank you so much for linking up to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Chris Dring said...

Ooooh! I like this one! Very vintage looking!

OH Babs said...

Very cute tag with an old-fashioned feel.