Thursday, November 19, 2015

Reindeer Can Be Arty...

My second reindeer card today (my first one is here) has an entirely different feel from the previous one. 


Oh, and also impossible to photograph. :D The grey day is not particularly helping, but here's a closeup to maybe prove you can actually see the reindeer: 


This is my *arty* reindeer card. I've had this card pinned forever, although you can tell I didn't go back and look at it again before I made mine. ;)  I started by adding some glitter to a little embossing paste and using a snowflake stencil. Before the paste was too dry, I realized that I likely couldn't stamp on top of snowflakes, and scraped them off the bottom right corner. You can see the glittery ghosts of snowflakes past just a bit, which is fine with me. After the embossing paste dried, I did my arty thing with blue watercolour paint. More drying time. My reindeer is embossed in snowflake tinsel embossing powder. 
It wasn't planned, but this card fits in the same challenges as my cute reindeer card! Merry Monday, Just Us Girls, and Simon Says Stamp
Next up... a tag! 



Supplies: white & Bazzill metallic textured blue cardstock, Strathmore 140 lb. watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Dasher Stamp, Versamark ink, Ranger snowflake tinsel embossing powder, Memory Box tiny snowflakes stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds glitter, Kohinoor watercolours

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

I think it's better not to go back and look at your inspiration too much - it results in a card that's more true to your own style - I like the way the blue really highlights the snow - very sparkly and pretty!

Linda said...

Another lovely card. Thank your for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous water-colored background! The glitter is awesome in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge!

Nancy Gleason said...

Love your watercolor background and glitter reindeer! How creative!

Chris Dring said...

I'm super stalking your blog, so beware. How did I miss this card in the JUGS gallery?! It's stunning! LOVE the artsy fartsy water colored background and that glittery reindeer!! Beautiful card!

Leslie Hanna said...

I agree - doing something from memory makes it more your own. And that post was from 2011! (yes, I looked) I love all the shiny!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

Love this!! Your watercolor background and snow textures are AWESOME....thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

This is nice and icy. The reindeer looks frosty against your pretty blue background.

I think I saw a couple of snowflakes today :-(

Unknown said...

beautiful card