Sunday, November 15, 2015

Eighth Day of Christmas Tags


After a break yesterday to introduce the newest Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge, I'm back with Day 8 of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags. Eventually, if I do manage to play along for all 25 tags, I'm just going to have to blitz post several in one day, but for now I'm happy to show one tag at a time. ;) 
As always, I could easily have been inspired by any of the tags, but picked the cute and rustic tags that Julie Tucker-Wolek made. I looked at the way she used patterned papers for both the tags and her snowmen, and the way she left her snowmen uncoloured otherwise. Here's my version: 


I used a stitched-border tag since I don't have a stitched snowman like Julie's. I left him uncoloured — and it was tough not to at least make his carrot nose orange! I also left him unembossed... I embossed one snowman and realized that he was just too black against the light papers. Also, maybe I don't have to heat-emboss everything. Hmm. So instead I stamped him once directly onto the tag, and once on patterned paper for paper-piecing his body. 
That's it from me for now... I have tags to make! :D 

Supplies: manila tag, My Mind's Eye All is Bright patterned papers, Hero Arts Snow Much Joy stamp, Memento tuxedo black ink, Paper Smooches stitched tag die, May Arts twine

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Well, do you have gray pigment ink? Or pale blue? You could use that instead of black for the outline and emboss it. Just sayin'. But if you're paper piecing, it doesn't really matter, does it? :D

I'm still enjoying your tags. Someone just sent me eight, so I'm good. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey this snowman is so cute. Love your background Thank you for linking to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Chris Dring said...

Very cute rustic snowman tag! I do like you left him uncolored. It IS hard not to do that, isn't it?