Friday, November 20, 2015

Lucky 13th Tag

It's the halfway point, for me, of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags. Today's tag is inspired by Michelle Short's awesome sponged background on her tag. 


Michelle was even nice enough to say which colours of distress inks she used for her background. I changed it up just a bit, using tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, faded jeans and seedless preserves. (Partly because I totally forgot I have a mini blueprint sketch!) I also splattered some shimmer spray over the sponged tag.
I was so very happy with my background, I hated to cover any of it with a snow hill! So instead I went for a reindeer, since he could reasonably be flying through the sky. I found some hemp twine that matched the blue perfectly. 
That's all from me tonight... hope your weekend is shaping up to be a good one! 

Supplies: white cardstock, Unity Greetings of Christmas stamp, Versamark & tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, faded jeans & seedless preserves distress ink, silver embossing powder, Paper Smooches Stitched Tag die, Perfect Pearls confetti white mist (homemade), Hemptique twine, pop dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Michelle Short said...

I love your tag, Lindsey, absolutely stunning! I am so glad that I could inspire you :)

Teresa Doyle said...

Very pretty Lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blend of colours to set off your pretty silver reindeer. It does seem a shame to cover any of that background but we can still see its loveliness!

Tracey McNeely said...

LOVE the background on this Lindsey! Thank you for linking up to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags! Good luck!