Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Naughty or Nice

And suddenly... it's November! Halloween's over, which likely means the Christmas muzak will be starting in stores everywhere. I may just stay home this month. :D At least a new month brings a new Naughty or Nice challenge!


This month we're looking for monochromatic cards, but to make it a bit more challenging, we'd like it to be a "thanks" card. If you are yet to celebrate, it could even be a Thanksgiving card, but since my Canadian one has come and gone, I went with a straightforward thank you: 


Paint chips... monochromatic made easy. ;) I decided I wanted to go with green, although this card would work in just about any colour, I think. I die cut the daisy silhouette out of the paint chip, then also cut it from coordinating green textured cardstock. I used the same green to mat the panel, and a matching green ink to stamp the sentiment, which is embossed, of course. 
Since this card is made of supplies all long in my possession (yes, even the paint chip, I like to always have a few handy). I'm entering this in Shopping Our Stash's current challenge to go paperless — by which they mean patterned-paperless. I'm also throwing it into the mix for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge as well as their current Work It Wednesday thank you card challenge. 
It's always handy to have a few thank you cards hanging around, so why not join us this month? And while I may have gone the nice route for mine, you'll have to check out what the other troublemakers came up with on the Naughty or Nice blog. 

Supplies: white & DCWV textured green cardstock, Lawn Fawn thanks stamp, Colorbox evergreen ink, Zing clear embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp fresh daisies die, Marvy-Uchida corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card - I love how you used a paint chip to nail that all important monochrome look to perfetion! Jo x

Heather said...

I don't normally like paint chips because they look like...well..paint chips. But this doesn't. Beautiful card. Gotta go find me some paint chips now.

Becca Cruger said...

Haha - well paint chips definitely DO make monochromatic easy -but also lovely, if your card is any indication!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey I love your monochromatic green thank you card--so lovely!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely colour choice and paint chips look so neat and clean on cards; its a clever take on the challenge.

Leslie Hanna said...

This is beautiful! Why can I only find paint chips with the paint color names prominently displayed? I gave all of mine away before I moved 2 years ago.

And thank you for having a Thank You month! So many people go straight from Halloween to Christmas and completely forget about Thanksgiving. (in the US)

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty card :) your "about me" cracked me up too! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card and love the greens. I also like how you up cycled the paint chips. Great card, Great Idea!
Beth