Thursday, November 19, 2015

Reindeer Can Be Cute...

I have two cards to share today for the latest Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: 



Reindeer! I have, um, a few reindeer stamps. In fact, I have one somewhat similar to the image in the challenge badge. I didn't use that one. ;) 
I thought I'd show off the *cute* card first: 


Despite already having reindeer stamps, I couldn't resist this Lawn Fawn set. In my defence, the set has penguins, too. Oh wait, I probably have more penguins than reindeer. ANYWAY. The reindeer, sled and Santa hat are all watercoloured. The sky was sponged with distress inks before I stamped and embossed the trees. Verdigris embossing powder is one of my favourites, and I can't believe how long it's been since I last used it! The trickiest part of the card was stamping the gold sled-pull, but I didn't think I'd like the look of it as much with a white die cut halo. I also edged the main panel with the same gold ink. 
Since I kind of like how my little reindeer look, I'm also adding this to the current Just Us Girls challenge to use watercoloring. Also to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Christmas challenge. 
I'll be back in a bit with a different style of reindeer card! 


Supplies: white cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamps & dies, Paper Smooches borders 1 die, Versafine onyx black, Versamark, Stampin' Up real red, Brilliance galaxy gold & tumbled glass & milled lavender distress inks, Zing clear & Personal Stamp Exchange verdigris embossing powders, distress markers, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is so sweet! Well done with the sled-pull - perfectly positioned - I bet you were holding your breath! Love that ep on the trees, too!

Linda said...

Such a sweet little reindeer. So cute. Thank your for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a sweet little scene with those darling images! The softness of the watercoloring works perfectly on this. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Those images are adorable! I love your little scene. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Super cute indeed! Love this reindeer scene you created, and now I need to get that verdigris EP. Enabler. ;) Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

Leslie Hanna said...

So cute! And a well-placed sled pull.

I think I have that same embossing powder. It's PSX so you know it's old. Good to know it still works!

Teresa Kline said...

hello Lindsey! super cute card, the sweet deer are adorable! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Creating with Susan said...

It's SUPER cute!! Those reindeer are adorable!

JoAnn said...

What a cute card. Love the darling deer. I jsut got that set also.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable winter scene, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

Oh my....what ADORABLE little reindeer! Love this scene you've created with them - thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo