Saturday, November 21, 2015

STAMPlorations November Challenge, Part 1

This month, the theme challenge at STAMPlorations is "Stamps & Newsprint", plus a sketch. 


Previously I have combined the sketch with the theme, but I just couldn't seem to do it this month. So first up, a card using the theme:


I looked through my various papers, and found this one, complete with the snowflakes in the corner. The teeny print amongst the snowflakes reads "It's the most wonderful time of the year". I haven't even tried to read the newsprint. ;) I stamped and embossed the large sentiment, then found a snowflake that matched the paper to put in the middle of the "O". Since I knew I didn't have ribbon in this deep a shade of red, I used another strip of patterned paper instead. There's a little bit of bling in the centre of the stamped snowflake, and dots of Stickles in the paper ones. 
Since I didn't combine them, I have a card for the sketch part of the challenge coming up... 

Supplies: white cardstock, Teresa Collins Santa's List patterned paper, Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way & Stampin' Up Holiday Wishes stamps, Versamark & Simon Says Stamp schoolhouse red ink, Zing clear embossing powder, Stampin' Up basic rhinestones, Icicle Stickles, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

love it!

Chris Dring said...

I love this too!

Sari / Granne said...

Love the way you have used the theme, beautiful design. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations November challenge.