Friday, November 6, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Tags

My talented friend Tracey is once again (for the fifth year!) hosting 25 Days of Christmas Tags
Each day until November 26th, Tracey will post Christmas tags to inspire, and anyone can play along! She has also gathered 25 amazing sponsors that are offering prizes.
I have started with the adorable tag by Jean Manis from Tracey's Day 1. I was inspired by Jean's sweater-wearing moose and her blue sky and snowy background. Here's what I came up with: 



I stamped my sweater-wearing reindeer with distress ink, then pulled colour from the outlines with a small paintbrush to colour his body. I stamped the sweater again in white on red cardstock (who wants brown snowflakes?) and embossed in white. I die cut my tag twice from white cardstock and once from blue patterned paper. I then cut off the top part of one of the white tags for the snowy base. I stamped the sentiment before popping up the reindeer and adding ribbons to the top. 
Be sure to check out Tracey's blog and all the beautiful tags!

Supplies: white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, Hero Arts Christmas Reindeer & Essentials by Ellen Tis the Season stamps, gathered twigs distress, Colorbox frost white & Stampin' Up real red inks, Wow white embossing powder, Papertrey Ink tag sale die #2 & Paper Smooches borders 1 dies, Wink of Stella black glitter marker, Michaels ribbons, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey are you kidding me this is so creative the watercolouring the cutting three tags out and then the FUSSY cutting or when I do it fussy amputation!!! Thank you for sharing with me at the 25 a days of Christmas Tags!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my Lindsey your tag is just amazingly CUTE! What a great job!

Jean said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I love that reindeer!

Chris Dring said...

Who wouldn't love to get a tag with a sweater wearing reindeer on it? This is adorable!