Monday, November 9, 2015

Tag Four... and a Card, Too!

I've got both a tag and a card to share today, so here goes! First up, a tag for Day Four of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event: 


This time I'm inspired by Tracey herself. I focused on the clean design, the large "joy", the kraft base, and the star she added in the middle of the 'o'. I actually have the same sentiment stamp she used, but decided to go with this big musical joy instead. It's stamped and embossed in red glitter embossing powder, but I stamped the small Christmas in black ink, to follow along with hers a bit. I wanted a few pops of white on my tag, and couldn't believe how perfectly the snowflake fit inside the 'o'! A few sequins and red cord and my tag was done. 

Another talented friend, Ardyth, runs two Muse challenges, and I can't believe this is the first time I've participated in either one! *hangs head* Not surprisingly, given the recent content here, I'm playing along with the current Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge. The muse this week is Kimberly Wiener, and this is her card: 


You'd think I'd be all over the fact there's a cat on her card, but I chose instead to be inspired by the evergreen garland and the *other* ornaments, as well as the layout of the card. Here's my version: 


I stamped the pine branch first and embossed it in holographic embossing powder to add some twinkle to it. The little ornaments were stamped next. The hearts and bands are coloured with marker, then the rest of the ornaments were painted with pearlescent Twinkling H2Os for some shine. A close-up:


The strings are drawn in with a gold gel pen. I edged the white panel with gold ink before popping it up on a red card base. 
Thanks for visiting! I'm off to the craft table again...


Supplies: (tag) Stampin' Up kraft cardstock, Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: Joy stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Zing clear & red glitter finish embossing powder, Paper Smooches snowflake die, Darice sequins, red cord; (card) white & Stampin Up real red cardstock, Hero Arts Decorate You, Family & Friends & Stampin' Up Every Little Bit stamps, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox evergreen & Brilliance galaxy gold ink, clear & holographic embossing powders, Spectrum Noir & Stampin' Write markers, Twinkling H2Os, gold gel pen, fun foam

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Lindsey, I really like this tag because its clean and simple. I am also a great fan of anything done with kraft card stock. Great job!

Marilyn said...

Wonderful take on Kimberly's card for the MCV challenge. The branch and ornaments are perfect.

Ardyth said...

Love the tag (that one of Tracey's is one of my faves and I will likely case it too!) and I think you've done a fab job on the MCV - love the word (and the action) twinkle - perfect for some festive feeling! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Lindsey!

Bobby said...

I love the tag and how great that the snowflake fit in the middle of the word die. Your little ornaments are just darling.

Leslie Hanna said...

Love those tiny ornaments! You were smart to draw the strings. Someone else made a similar card, but used gold thread. Almost killed her.

Ashwini Rao said...

Such a superb card - I just love how you've kept it nice and simple so that all the focus goes to the ornaments and the sentiment!

maria f. said...

Love your tag. Makes me smile big!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ardyth is super amazing and I am so glad that you were inspired to join along!! Love the wee little sweet hearts!!! Thanks so much for joining us at MUSE Christmas Visions!

Anonymous said...

Both of these are lovely. The musical joy stamp is very cool, the music gives it texture which looks great on the kraft cardstock. Your clean and simple baubles look festive and whimsical.

Chris Dring said...

The kraft base for your tag really makes the red JOY pop! Your card is absolutely adorable!