Wednesday, November 25, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Tags with Muse: ChristmasVisions


Welcome to Muse: ChristmasVisions #30! MCV is sponsoring Day 24 of Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event... and I'm thrilled to be a guest designer with the MCV design team for this special post. The entire MCV design team is playing along today. The theme is red and green with a tree element. I had yet to use one of my favourite Christmas tree stamps this season, so the time was ideal to ink it up, I thought.


I started by masking the edges of my tag and sponging some white chalk ink in from the edges. Leaving the masks in place (my husb will never see his roll of painters tape again, you know...) I tried stamping a small snowflake in the same chalk ink. It was barely visible! So I switched to my trusty pigment ink for the random flakes. While the pigment ink was drying, I embossed my little tree in gold. In a mixed media frenzy, I used green Twinkling H2Os for the tree, a distress marker for the trunk, and a gold gel pen for the star. While the tree dried, I embossed the sentiment in red sparkle embossing powder. An attempt to show some of the shimmer and shine: 


Extreme close-up also shows off how blobby my final step, liquid pearls for the Christmas ornaments, turned out. (I was going for 3D, but maybe not that 3D...) Luckily, I don't think the tag recipient is likely to be examining it quite that closely. ;) 
Have you participated in Tracey's tag event yet? The tags each day are so inspiring. Plus, there are even prizes! You can read about the event, and link up your own creations, here. And remember to link up at Muse: ChristmasVisions as well! 

Supplies: Stampin' Up kraft cardstock, Strathmore mixed media paper, Hero Arts Snow Much Joy & Christmas Reindeer stamps, Versamark, Hero Arts snow, Colorbox frost white & Memories passion red inks, pirate's gold & red sparkle embossing powders, Papertrey Ink tag sale #3 die, Twinkling H2Os, distress marker, gold gel pen, ruby red liquid pearls, Hemptique red & green twine, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Aaaand, once again I'm sucked in my the colors. Such a fun tag!

Ardyth said...

Love your blobby Christmas ornaments - they look great to me! I also love how this looks with the gold embossing- very shimmery and elegant! So great to have you as GD this week! Can't wait to see how everyone is inspired!

Betty Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Wright said...

Fantastic decorated gold embossed tree! So glad you joined MCV as GD this week! Wonderful Christmas Tag!

Teresa Doyle said...

I love kraft CS/white ink and this is adorable!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hi Lindsey!!! Love your extreme closeup and the wonderful details!! Kraft with white snowflakes = Divine!!! So awesome to have you guest Design for the MUSE Christmas Visions!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great, Jo x

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL tag!!!
LOVE your snowy background, the masking makes for a great frame, LOVE your ADORABLE Christmas tree and FUN sentiment too!!!
THANK YOU for sharing :)

Marianne said...

Love the look of the white ink blending on the kraft and I can relate to your blobby ornaments. They say it helps if you tap the back of your cardstock to get a rounder shape, but I'm finding the ambient temperature also affects the result. I seem to have better results in winter lol.