Monday, November 30, 2015

Holiday Leftovers...

The latest challenge at Jingle Belles is a fun one! Stephanie and Lauren want us to use "holiday leftovers"... images we've stamped but haven't used, leftover die cuts, and the like. This is a good one for me! I save everything, but don't always remember to actually use what I've kept. So I got out my leftovers, and made this: 



My cute little snowman was stamped at my friend Emily's eons ago. The snowglobe base is also from a die Emily had (but not anymore!). I coloured and glittered my snow guy and die cut him in a circle to fit the base. The sentiment is actually a speech bubble but I masked off the bottom portion before stamping and embossing. 
I'm not as thrilled with my second card, but it did use up an embossed panel that was left over from last year's card-making. The snowflake embellishment was, yes, cut at Emily's at least a year ago. 




Supplies: (let it snow) white & Stampin' Up real red & smoky slate cardstock, Echo Park Keepin' Cozy patterned paper, Unity snowman & Hero Arts Holiday Conversation stamps, Versamark & Versafine onyx black inks, Wow white embossing powder, Spellbinders circle & Amuse snowglobe dies, Spectrum Noir markers, Martha Stewart glitter, frosted lace Stickles, Hemptique bakers twine, pop-dot tape; (Merry Christmas) white, green & DCWV red silky smooth cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, Unity Santas, Stocing, Candy Canes, Etc. stamp, Colorbox frost white ink, Wow white embossing powder, Paper Smooches large snowflake die, Gelli Roll clear glitter pen

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Wow lots of leftovers used. I too have a stash of die cuts, I even have a full card base in my stash. Super cute snowman in the snowglobe. I also like the second card it's hard to use a sentiment as a focal point. Awesome job on both cards.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i love BOTH of these fabulous cards, just AS AWESOME CARDS, actually; but then they're also a super-great use of your "holiday leftovers"! thanks for joining our festive feast at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that big belly on the snowman in the snow globe--so cute!

Jessi Fogan said...

Awesome! I'm no good at remembering to use the 'ah, not quite right for this' bits left over - perhaps I should try :)
I know I haven't been around commenting - and good GRIEF you've been fabulously busy!

Leslie Hanna said...

A most-excellent use of leftovers!

SmilynStef said...

That round little snowman in the snow globe will make any recipient smile ... so very glad you joined us with your holiday leftovers at Jingle Belles.