Sunday, November 1, 2020

25 Days of Christmas Tags 2020: DAY ONE!


It's here! The 2020 edition of 25 Days of Christmas Tags! This is the TENTH year Tracey McNeely has organized this fun event, and I'm thrilled to be part of her tag-making design team again, along with my talented teammates Carol Mayne, Kim Heggins, Joyce Merberg, Ardyth Percy-Robb and Lindsey Larsen
If you don't know about this tag-making extravaganza, be sure to click the 25 Days link above, where Tracey has explained how everything works. Essentially, by making tags inspired by each day's designs, and/or by commenting on design posts each day, YOU could win a prize offered by one of our 26 terrific sponsors! We have many returning sponsors as well as a few new ones for this year. 


Onto DAY ONE! Today we are welcoming Sunny Studio Stamps


For my first tag, I decided to go cute: 


Penguins? Yes please! To start, I grabbed a tag from my bin-of-many, masked off the top part, and used an ink pad to *swink* some colour onto the ice. Next, I reversed that mask, added another at the top, and blended some blue and purple ink for the sky. More masking put my penguin on the ice floe. I tried to add some glow to his string of lights with pencil crayons, but I'm not thrilled with the results. The stars, from the same set, are embossed in white, and the sentiments stamped in black and embossed with clear. 


Did you know that when you order from Sunny Studio, you get a little freebie die? I wanted to highlight that little bonus: 


I cut twelve of this little flower from red cardstock scraps, then six yellow centres. The evergreen needles are from Christmas Trimmings, and the sentiment from Merry Sentiments. 


This year, I'm going to try to emulate my tag teammate Joyce, and make a card each day along with my tags! (We'll see how long that lasts. :D) 


I love this die set, so of course it came out for my card. The sky is watercolour powder on watercolour paper, and the snow is generously spritzed with shimmer mist. Apart from waiting for those to dry, this card was quick to make! 


Remember, there are lots of prizes to be won during this almost-month-long event! Plus, you'll have all the tags you need a month before the big day! I hope you'll play along. 

Supplies: (penguining) Neenah white cardstock, Sunny Studio Stamps Penguin Pals stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black, Brilliance pearlescent sky blue & tumbled glass, blueprint sketch & shaded lilac distress inks, Wow clear gloss & ultra fine white embossing powder, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Neat & Tangled classic tag 1 die, Glossy Accents, scrap ribbon, Hemptique twine, $ store jingle bells, foam tape; (merry Christmas) Neenah white, scrap red & yellow cardstock, Sunny Studio Stamps Christmas Trimmings & Merry Sentiments stamps, Stampin' Up garden green ink, Sunny Studio Stamps flower & Studio Katia dotted shaker tag dies, icicle Stickles, Hemptique twine; (card) Neenah white, Papertrey Ink Smoky Shadow & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Sunny Studio Stamps Santa Claus Lane stamps, Versamark, Memento tuxedo black & Stampin' Up real red ink, Wow clear sparkle embossing powder, Sunny Studio Stamps rustic winter dies, Cosmo Cricket pool pixie paint, Tsukineko sparkle sheer shimmer spray

Pin It Now!

29 comments:

Isabel Z said...

All the little details are perfect right up to the bell!

Gail said...

Love love these tags - I am basically a lover of making tags - so love to see what is created to give me some inspiration - thanks for inspiration! Beautiful work!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous tags and a sweet card, Lindsey! I've been looking forward to this for ages, Jo x

sannalippert said...

oh, I adore the penguine!!!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the deer and the cardinal
in the winter forest. The
little poinsettias are wonderful.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

MadeByMeghanK said...

Ahhhhh the penguin is too cute!

Stampin2day said...

I have fallen in love with Sunny Studios be looking at all these tags and wonderful creations! You girls are so talented! I love your penquin and the card also..just beautiful!

Joyce said...

Your tags are really wonderful, and I especially love your adorable penguin, as I am a big penguin fan. The card is a great design, and thanks for the shout out on the idea. I only did it a few times this year, so I bestow you as the lead on that one this year.

Natalie said...

Cute penguin tag Lindsey! I admire your ambitious plan to make tags and a card for each day of the challenge!

Wendi J said...

Your penguin tag and card are cute. The poinsettia tag is so elegant.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Wow! LOVE all of these projects! They all turned out amazing and what a fun surprise to see the bonus card. Thank you for sharing. :)

Karen Letchworth said...

SO sweet and inspiring, Lindsey. Thanks so much for inspiring us in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags. I always love visiting and participating in this special event. I look forward to seeing more.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Denise Bryant said...

Love your tags and card! The penguin is adorable, and the poinsettias are so pretty! Beautiful winter scene on your card!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful tags I especially like the row of small poinsettias. I also love your serene card.

JulieP said...

Penguins are always fun but that edged row of flowers on tag 2 is such a fabulous touch. I'll be your cheerleader for the daily cards. Go Lindsey Go! lol!

Lee said...

I love the tags you made! So inspiring! I am hoping this year to get some done and link up!

Barbara Godden said...

You know I love penguins (after the meeces) best, your tag is fabulous but the one with the arc of poinsettias is awesome. lots of cutting and gluing. and the card is great.(might have to case this one)

EK Gorman said...

While I adore your penguin tag your red flower tag is so elegant that it takes the cake for me. Thank you for your gorgeous inspiration.

Bunny said...

I love the sentiment on the penguin tag. The other tag is beautiful with the flowers and the greenery. Lovely card you made to go along with your tags. The background is beautiful. [Bunny]

Lisa W. said...

Love these tags. The poinsettias along the border make it stand out! Can't wait to try it!

cm said...

Your penguin tag is super cute; your mini poinsettia border, so pretty. I must have a couple of those in my collection; I should give them some attention. As for your card...ahhhh! A peaceful, beautiful scene!
hugs~c

JoAnn said...

Love your tags and card. The penguins are so cute but my favorite is the one with the tiny poinsettias, love it. TFS

Jo Malicoat said...

Love your tags and card - the penguin is adorable and the tag with the poinsettias is brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jane B. said...

Thanks for introducing me to a new stamp company. I see a lot that I like.
That red flower adds the perfect touch!

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Beautiful projects! I love the poinsettias!

Michele K. Henderson said...

These tags are really cute with a beautiful look to them too! Thanks for the inspiration!

DorothyA said...

wonderful cards tags. I especially like the poinsettia. I'm into them this year- hmm every year!

Ms. Tamp said...

Nice design idea shares. I like the sky on the card and the masking for the tag.

Ashley Cortez said...

These tags and card are so cute