Wednesday, November 4, 2020

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 4


We have already made it to Day 4 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! Our guest and sponsor today is Newton's Nook Designs


Today I used the set Holiday Stockings to make a quartet of cute tags:


Using four tags from my bin-of-many, I started by stamping and heat embossing the stocking cuff on each one. Each cuff was then masked off while I stamped and embossed four different stockings. Masking both cuff and stocking allowed me to add some quick stencilling to each tag. The images were coloured with Copics, and various embellishments added, including, of course, lots of Stickles. I don't make a lot of one-layer tags (or cards, for that matter!) but I like the look of dimension the stencilling gives them. Here's a closer look at each one:





I'm adding my tags to the current Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, where they are looking for tag creations as well as promoting our event! 
The stockings allowed me to give equal opportunity to four festive animals, but my card is all about the cats: 


This feline family is stamped and embossed on watercolour cardstock and coloured with Zig markers. I added a little gold Smooch to mom and dad's collar medallions and some sparkle to the tissue paper in the gift box. No pressing design reason to use a postage stamp die, I just felt like using it. :D I'm adding my card to the current Jingle Belles challenge - they're looking for creatures! 


Are you playing along? There are lots of prizes to be won! Participate by commenting on designers' tag posts, or by making your own tag inspired by the ones you've seen today, or both! 




Supplies: (tags) Neenah white cardstock, Newton's Nook Holiday Tags stamps, Versamark onyx black, Brilliance pearlescent sky blue & twisted citron, hickory smoke, gathered twigs distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, Concord & 9th Holiday Cheer Tag die, Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz burlap & brick, Carabelle mosaic & Memory Box winter tiny snowflake stencils, Studio Katia iridescent ice flakes & silver fever fusion sequins, Darice gold star sequins, frosted lace, icicle & festive Stickles, scrap ribbon & twine; (Merry Christmas) Bazzill marshmallow & Fabriano green cardstock, Fluid hot press watercolour, Newton's Nook Newton's Christmas Kittens stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, Simon Says Stamp postage die, Smooch gold paint, Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust

Pin It Now!

21 comments:

Karen said...

Those tags are adorable, but it's the kitties that stole my heart!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

Gail said...

Such sweet stockings! Love these cuties! TFS

Bunny said...

These are cute tags and you're right about stenciling giving good dimension. [Bunny]

MadeByMeghanK said...

DARLING stockings! And I love your kitty card!

Karen Letchworth said...

Such sweet little stockings. LOVE your adorable tags, and I thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your talents.
Blessings to you!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the stockings hanging
on the tag walls. the
kitty and puppy peeking
over the edge of the
heel is a fun idea.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Isabel Z said...

Oh my goodness...these are TOO cute!

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Cute projects! I love all the backgrounds on your tags!

Barbara McDonald said...

I thought the stockings were fussy cut and glued on. The stenciling really gives the stockings dimension. Great job

Denise Bryant said...

Darling tags and card! Love the stocking designs and the way you colored them! Sweet design with the kitties for your card!

DorothyA said...

Love the stocking tags! So so cute and inspirational. And yes, stencils add the look of dimension. I must remember to use stencils!

JulieP said...

I was going to comment on your equal opportunity pet creations ... didn’t see the car card coming. Lol! But yay!!! I love the backgrounds on your tags.

Mary-Anne V said...

Stockings are always a great Christmas images...these are so sweet against the stenciled backgrounds.

lauren bergold said...

oh what a pretty card and the tags are equally adorable! thanks for joining our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles!

Jo Malicoat said...

Those stockings are perfect for tag making. Love your tags, and you kitty Christmas card is so fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

EK Gorman said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! I love these little tags!

Joyce said...

Wow, Lindsey. Those tags are just darling..sweet stockings, and I think that the showstopper here might be that card. What a fun bunch of kitties getting up to some Christmas mischief. Love how you painted them.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous tags. Love the cute stockings. Hugz

Ashley Cortez said...

The images on the stockings and the cats on the card are just adorable I like how you did the backgrounds and the coloring on these fun and adorable tags and card thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiring me

Ms. Tamp said...

I like the combination of the stocking and the backgrounds for the tags.