Sunday, November 1, 2020

Color Hues: Yellow & Kraft


It's November! (What???) The start of a new month means it's time for a new Color Hues challenge! The new colours to play with are yellow and kraft. Not necessarily two colours I would think of to put together, or even use all that much separately. It took some pondering, but I do like the card I came up with! 


To start, I stamped and embossed this thank you image in black on kraft cardstock. By dipping the tip of a yellow watercolour pencil in water, I was able to get a brightly coloured flower and bud without warping the cardstock with too much moisture. After die cutting, I simply layered it on some yellow patterned paper, gave it a black mat, and added it and a trio of enamel dots to my card base. 


My teammates, along with guest designer JoAnn, are really making me rethink my initial hesitation with this colour pairing! I hope you'll give it a try and join us! 

Supplies: Neenah desert storm & Stampin' Up black cardstock, Authentique Be(you)tiful patterned paper, Hero Arts Le Journal stamp & die, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, yellow watercolour pencil, PinkFresh enamel dots, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Karen said...

The watercolor pencil was a brilliant idea--the flower really pops on the kraft! Love the simple design with the narrow black borders.

Joyce said...

Your card is lovely, and I have to say that I have never thought of yellow and kraft together before, but you have made it look fabulous!

JulieP said...

You guys are definitely coming up with some unique color combos. Your flower makes this just pop.

cm said...

Repeating my commenting from FB (or was it IG? I forget!): your card is lovely! Such a pretty pairing of yellow/kraft...and the black edging on your panel really adds a polished touch.
hugs~c

Nancy said...

This stamp works really well with our color combo. I think it's because the stamp reminds me of an old fashion seed packet. Love the pattern to the yellow cardstock too! Well done!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love that Hero Arts label stamp - a goodie and I love your subtle coloring!! So pretty atop the yellow paper and kraft card!!