Thursday, November 5, 2020

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 5


Welcome to Day 5 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! Today we are welcoming Ellen Hutson as our guest and sponsor. 


I was very excited when Ellen Hutson brought their Twelve Days stamp set back from retirement! Excited enough that, yes, I made a set using all twelve days. ;) 


It may seem like a lot of work, but these went together surprisingly quickly! I wanted to use the circle tag from Ellen's Tag Trio, but it just wasn't quite large enough for Days 7 and 12. Instead, I found a circle die that was just the right size - and proof that you don't need tag dies to make tags. ;) I stamped and embossed the images four at a time - that seemed a reasonable number for me to handle without messing up. :D Apart from the birds, I did not do a lot of shading as I coloured the tags. Of course I added some glitter and shine where it was appropriate. Here's a slightly closer look at them: 




While I had my stamps out, I also made this: 


This fun skiing set comes with its own mountain, but I wanted something bigger, so I cut a sparkly mountain from the now-retired Geo Tree set. My skier is quite small, so instead of trying to fine-tune some Stickles, I used a white glaze pen to give a little dimension to her scarf and pompom. 


As always, lots of inspiration on today's tag post! Remember, you can be eligible for one of our many prizes by commenting on today's tags and/or by being inspired to create a tag of your own! I hope you will join in on the fun.

Our generous sponsors!

Supplies: (tags) Neenah white & scrap blue, red, teal & gold pearl cardstock, Ellen Hutson Twelve Days stamps, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, MFT Blueprints 24 dies, Hemptique, May Arts & Twinery twine, Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen, gold gel pen, Gel Roll clear sparkle pen; (it's Xmas) Neenah white & (?) white glitter cardstock, Doodlebug Designs Frosty Friends patterned paper, Ellen Hutson Mountain Holiday stamps & dies, Wow clear gloss & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, Copic markers, MFT wonky stitched rectangle dies, Gelly Roll white glaze pen


Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Bunny said...

These are really cute and you're right about not needing a special tag die. I will admit I had to look up number ten because I couldn't remember. [Bunny]

ionabunny said...

Awesome set of tags. Your calling bird is just cracking me up. Love the card too. Hugz

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love this set! What great coloring!

Isabel Z said...

These are keepsakes!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your Twelve Days set of tags, and your skiing card is awesome!b The Twelve Days images are adorable!

Joyce said...

I am so delighted by your set of 12 days of Christmas tags. So very cute and clever, and how I have that song in my head (not a bad thing, actually, as there were some terrible thoughts in my head that the song has now pushed away). Fun card, also.

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Fantastic projects! Love the drum set!

Jo Malicoat said...

12 Days of Christmas tags, love them! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karen Letchworth said...

You've been one incredibly busy crafter, and I just LOVE the 12 Days tags. Thanks for ALL the wonderful inspiration.
Blessings to you!

Wendi J said...

Cute. I liked that you didn't use a normal tag die. Sometimes it is hard to find the right size.

Mary-Anne V said...

This is such a cute idea to do the 12 days of Christmas.

Michele K. Henderson said...

The 12 Days of Christmas in a tag set? Crazy but so much FUN! What an AH-MAZING idea!

Gail said...

Like the skiing and 12 days of Christmas tags - tfs

Cindi Johnson said...

A wonderful set of tags! There are a lot birds in that song!

Mary Holshouser said...

Lucky enough to have the 12 days
stamp set. I'm going to use
your idea and make some tags
with the set. Love the
skier. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

DorothyA said...

What a cute set of tags! They would also be really cute (the stamps) in a peek-a-boo card!

cm said...

LOVE x LOVE your 12 Days of Christmas tags! Hard to believe the 'calling bird' is one of my favourites! Your skier: only fabulous! Love the wintry wonderland, the sparkly mountain and the dimensioned scarf and pompom! Cool...very cool!
hugs~c

Lisa Arana said...

Well, these are absolutely amazing!!!

EK Gorman said...

I may be more than just a little in love with the theme of these tags. They are so cute!

Ashley Cortez said...

It's really neat and fun idea how you made these tags to go with the 12 days of Christmas,really cute tags and card

Ms. Tamp said...

Very fun tags. I like the idea for the use of the set.

Dandi93 said...

I chose your 12 days of Christmas tags to inspired my Day 5 tag. How fun to use the set to get 12 tags... Awesome idea and tags