Saturday, October 31, 2020

The FauX Sisters


Happy Halloween! A different Halloween for many, to be sure, but any excuse to eat extra treats and play a few tricks, right? ;)  The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers have a treat AND a trick for you, and that would be our new challenge, F is for FauX. Lots of faux techniques out there to discover, or perhaps you have a favourite. My pick is faux metal:


I die cut the large Merry Christmas sentiment three times from white cardstock and adhered them together for a solid base before I started some heavy-duty heat embossing! Four coats of silver embossing gave me the metal-like finish I was hoping for. For the small snowflakes, I used two layers of cardstock and three layers of embossing. I also added a border of silver embossing to my red cardstock layer and the sentiment panel. 


My sisters in snark, and our reigning Queen of Snark Beverly, have all kinds of ways to show off how faux they are! Hope you will find time to join us. 


Supplies: Neenah white & Recollections red cardstock, Viva Las VegaStamps I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas stamp, Versamark & Memento ladybug ink, Ranger silver embossing powder, CUTplorations Merry Christmas Word Art & Sunny Studio Stamps snowflake dies

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Helen said...

Stunning card Lindsey! LOVE the look of all that silver embossing!!! Will have to give this a try! Thanks!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Barbara Godden said...

Fantastic job on the Faux metal, so smooth and shiny. beautiful card.

JulieP said...

Isn't playing with embossing powder mesmerizing? LOVE the dimension. Very cool.

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a great effect! Love this, Jo x

Donna said...

WOW that embossing effect is just awesome!!!
And I adore that sentiment lol

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and I really love the effect of all that silver embossing.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love your silver embossing, it looks so elegant!