Wednesday, October 7, 2020

ABC Christmas Challenge: U & V


Here we are, a week into October! The first Wednesday of the month means a new challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. You can tell we're winding up the year as we are up to the letters U and V
My cards today combine both of our letter prompts! U is for Up in the Air, and V is for Vixen (or other reindeer). Here's my first card: 


This reindeer is actually Dasher, not Vixen, but I am not one to be stopped by the name a company gave its stamp! :D It's a favourite, and I usually use it at least once each year. For the main panel, I tore a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask before blending my sky in blues with hints of purples and pink for a bit of a northern lights look. My up in the sky element is my stencilled stars - this was my first time using Picket Fence Paper Glaze, and I love how easily it spreads, and the satiny, opaque finish. Dasher/Vixen is embossed in sterling shimmer embossing powder and is very glittery. I decided not to disrupt the serenity of the scene with a sentiment. 


My second card has more emphasis on the Up in the Air prompt and less on the Vixen side: 


I die cut a large circle out of some scrap paper, then added a die cut skyline across the bottom before blending another night sky. This time I made it darker, more like you would see in a populated area rather than where Santa's reindeer live. ;) Santa's sleigh and the sentiment are both embossed with black sparkle embossing powder, which just happens to make a perfect match with the black glitter cardstock down the left edge! 


I'm sure you will enjoy seeing all the different ways the ABC team has interpreted this month's themes! December is inching closer - why not be inspired and add a few Christmas cards to your stash?

Supplies: (dasher) Neenah white cardstock, Stampin' Up Dasher stamp, Versamark & spun sugar, shaded lilac, dusty concord, blueprint sketch, faded jeans & chipped sapphire distress ink, Brutus Monroe sterling shimmer embossing powder, Heidi Swapp confetti stencil, Picket Fence snowdrop white paper glaze, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch; (merriest wishes) Neenah white & Concord & 9th graphite glitter cardstock, Sunny Studio Stamps Here Comes Santa & Hello Bluebird Snow Play stamps, Versafine onyx black & dusty concord, blueprint sketch, faded jeans & chipped sapphire distress ink, Ranger black sparkle embossing powder, icicle Stickles

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Lynda said...

Great ink blending and colours on both cards - and those stars are stenciled in glaze? Very clean and clear. xx

Barbara Godden said...

Both cards are fab. the sky on both is fabulous, great blending.

Joyce said...

These are both festive and fabulous. I am so very intrigued about how you did that skyline and blending on your second card. Am very tempted to try it to see if I could pull it off. Goodness knows, I have enough skylines to work with. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Julie said...

Both cards are just lovely
Julie T

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love those inky blue backgrounds!
Helen x

Karen said...

Your ink blending on both cards is so beautiful. Love the way you added the skyline to the snow globe! Wonderful cards!

JulieP said...

Beautiful blending! They both feel so magical.

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply stunning cards....love the sky in both, so beautiful!

cm said...

How majestic your Dasher/Vixen; how magical your Santa's sleigh and reindeer! I agree with the others: your nights skies are gorgeous!
hugs~c