Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Tis the Pink Christmas Season

With hours to spare, I've got a PINK Christmas card for Jingle Belles' Pink Christmas challenge, which annually raises money (out of challenge co-hostesses Lauren's and Stef's wallets) for breast cancer research. I think I missed out last year, sadly, but had an extra incentive this year since my friend Jo is also looking for pink cards for her current Christmas Kickstart Challenge
My card is clean & simple... & pink:



I love these beautiful big snowflakes from Studio Katia - they're pretty enough that the science part of my brain can forgive the fact that they have more than six sides. :D To give my card a little extra interest, I decided to go slimline, embossing five flakes on my panel before blending some pink pearlescent ink around each one. The sentiment is stamped in the same ink. A few pink gems added just enough extra to call the card finished. 


Pink is not exactly a favourite of mine, but I'm sure I can find someone to send this to! :D 



Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Studio Katia Snowflakes & Hero Arts Colour Layering Wreath stamps, Versamark & Brilliance pearlescent orchid ink, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Pinkfresh essentials slim cut die, Studio Katia pink tourmaline (October) crystals

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! what an AMAZING card, i'm saving this one to my inspo file... that softly blended shimmery ink around the white flakes is just SO pretty! thanks for helping us celebrate PINK CHRISTMAS at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Karen said...

Pink, and absolutely beautiful! I'm very likely to CASE this design before the holiday is over; love it! Didn't know about the Jingle Bells challenge, but I did get a card into Christmas Kickstart.

Kim Heggins said...

OH my goodness....simply stunning card Lindsey!!! I love all that pretty in pink.

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Love your card, Lindsey - pink is such a fun colour to use on Christmas cards. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

your emboss resist is lovely in pink ... thanks so much for joining our ♥ Pink Christmas for the Cure! ♥ at Jingle Belles.

SusanME said...

I agree with everyone else - beautiful card! Love how you almost made these mandalas look like snowflakes! 😉

Joyce said...

What an ingenious way to use all those beautiful shades of pink, and the slimline gives even more space for your pretty design.

cm said...

Your more-than-six-sided snowflakes *grin* are gorgeous in pink! A most lovely slimline wintry wonderland!
hugs~c

Pop's Cards said...

I love this it has to be one of my fave cards I have seen in ages, so elegant, thanks for joining us at Christmas kickstart, hugs Pops x