Saturday, November 2, 2019

Two for Tea!

It's now November, and the anticipation of the cold and snow ahead has me feeling a bit snarky - luckily it's time for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers to begin a new challenge! 


T is for Tea! Despite (or hey, we're snarky, so perhaps because of) most stampers professing their love for coffee on card after card, I do believe the majority of the sisters prefer tea - including me! I have a nice big mug of it in front of me as I sit typing this. Besides, something needs to fill the time before cocktails. ;) 
My first card has no snark at all. Instead, it celebrates the perfect union of tea and books. 


That, younger readers, is a library book sign-out card in the background. Back in the Palaeozoic era (pre-computers), a library patron would take a book to the check-out desk, write his or her or their name on the card, and the librarian would stamp the date the book would be due on a slip attached to the same pocket where the card had previously been residing. At least I think that's how it went - it was a long time ago. :D 
Before the library card was added, I stamped and embossed the tea cup and covered it with a heart-shaped mask. I then used Versamark to stencil my stars before blending a night sky with distress inks - the Versamark alone creates a more subtle resist than if I had heat-embossed the stars. Taking the mask off, I stamped and embossed the sentiment. The tea cup was floating a little bit too much like a strangely shaped UFO, so I grounded it with a pale grey Copic. 


Since we're talking tea, I made a second card! Still no snark, but at least it's punny: 


Snarky sister Jo had shown the rest of us a photo of this in our group: 


Since I have an R2D2 stamp, how could I resist? I think there is just enough shading on my droids to qualify for Day 2 of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. For the tea cups, I inked in blue, then *kissed* the stamp with an uninked heart stamp to lift some colour and add a design to each cup. The sentiment is added with an alphabet set.  


Whether you prefer tea or coffee, grab a beverage and head over to the challenge blog, where my sisters and our Queen of Snark and guest designer Laura all have creations to inspire you. 


Supplies: (late nights) Neenah white & Recollections black cardstock, Pinkfresh Studio Late Nights & Papertrey Ink Library Card stamps, Versamark, Versafine onyx black, Memento Luxe love letter, PTI fine linen & tumbled glass, broken china & faded denim distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp falling stars stencil, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaways & QuicKuts heart dies, Copic marker; (R2Tea2) Neenah white, Recollections black & (?) blue cardstock, The Ink Road Droid Please & Lawn Fawn My Cup of Tea & Claire's ABCs stamps, Simon Says Stamp & Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink, Copic markers, foam tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your cards! Tea, books AND R2 D2 - we really are sistahs. Do you remember Brown issue??? Jo x

JulieP said...

Your card may not have had any snark but your explanation of how we used to check out books back in the day is hilarious! I'm a coffee girl through and through however I've had to switch to the Brit style the last few weeks while trying to figure out tummy issues. It's growing on me but I sure hope I can return to my java!

ike said...

Excellent - brilliant R2 card. This made me giggle :-D x

Donna said...

Awesome!!!!!!
So glad you made the R2 card!!!!
Only a tea drinking Star Wars lover (ahem) will appreciate THAT one!
Super duper job on both cards sistah....love em!
PS I have a nice big cuppa in front of me as I type this!
#teadate

Lisa Arana said...

Ack, look at these!!! Tea, books and star wars, LOVE it all!