Sunday, November 10, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 7


Hello and happy Sunday! We are wrapping up the first week of tag inspiration for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags with our Day 7 guest and sponsor, Sunny Studio Stamps


I was excited to play with Sunny Studio's new Christmas set, Santa Claus Lane. Here's Santa! 


Some simple masking allowed me to have Santa ready to whoosh down the chimney! Of course masking meant I had to fussy cut my image rather than die cut - it seems like this month is turning into a master class in fussy cutting! :D I used Sunny Studio's fishtail borders to cut the puffy snow roof line and a dotted line so I could make this a two layer tag. I stamped and embossed the world's smallest stamps (from Here Comes Santa Claus) before sponging the tag base for a night sky look. Of course some Stickles were called for... it's the festive season, after all. 


When you open the tag, there is just some simple stamping and colouring, with lots of room to write a message. 


I was having too much fun not to make a second tag! 


I think this fireplace image is great, too, but didn't really want to combine the roaring fire with Santa about to slide down the chimney. ;) So I created a second tag, using patterned paper to suggest wallpaper and flooring. Some masking involved again with this tag, adding the cute little stockings to the mantle. 
I may decide to seek out a tutorial before colouring my next fire-in-a-fireplace. :D 


Lots of Copic colouring for Kathy Rac's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. 
Are you ready to play along? You can be eligible to win a prize by creating your own inspired tags, commenting on the designers' tags, or both for more chances to win! See this post for all the details. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you have enjoyed the first week of tag inspiration! 

Our amazing sponsors! 

Supplies: (ho ho ho) Neenah white cardstock, Sunny Studio Stamps Santa Claus Lane & Here Comes Santa Claus,  Versamark, Versafine onyx black & chipped sapphire & blueprint sketch distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, Sunny Studio Stamps fishtail borders 2 & CUTplorations manila tag die, icicle & frosted lace Stickles, gold gel pen, (?) ribbon & Hemptique red & silver baker's twine; (magical) Neenah white cardstock, Echo Park Winter Wishes patterned paper, Sunny Studio Stamps Santa Claus Lane stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, CUTplorations manila tag die, frosted lace Stickles, Craft Smart silver ribbon

Pin It Now!

28 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Day 7 and I've still not had chance to play along! Two gorgeous tags. I like them both, but tag #1 really makes me chuckle, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Both tags are fab. love the details on both. Beautiful background on tag #1 and super fussy cutting. Tag 2 is what I have always wanted (not the tag) A fireplace to hang the stockings. Mine get hung on the drawer knobs of an antique secretary. btw working on day 4 still.

Beverly S. said...

Two pretty tags. Each is designed and colored so well.

Kristie Goulet said...

Two fabulous tags! Great designs!

Isabel Z said...

These are gorgeous and I love the extra surprise inside the tag.

Bunny said...

Ha Ha! Of course you couldn't put Santa with that roaring fire. Too funny. I love the beautiful sparkle you gave to the Santa tag with the Stickles and the great blue background. I especially like that you can open the tags to sign them. Very nice. Thanks for the inspiration. [Bunny]

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Cute tags! I love all the glittery snow on the chimney and the patterned paper you used behind the fireplace!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love the glitter and darling santa!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love these top folding tags Lindsey! So cute and festive!!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love all the glitter on the
snow. Darling tags.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Denise Bryant said...

Darling tags with these cute designs!

Wendi J said...

Really like that your tag open up so that you get a tag and card it one. Great scene with a beautiful background that make it pop.

Karen Letchworth said...

SO cute and clever! Who wouldn't love a tag that flips open? TOO cute. Thanks for sharing more wonderful inspiration.
Blessings,
Karen L

Joyce said...

These are both so super cute. I get where you are coming from on the fussy cutting. I am doing a lot of that these days as well. (In my case, often too cheap to buy the dies!)

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

I love both your tags and what a cool surprise to discover they open! I love that idea--such a great way to expand the writing area when you've decorated the entire front! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Simply adorable...just love your sweet Santa inspired tags! Just so much fun.

Dawn S. said...

These are both great tags! I love the little scenes you created.

Crafty Math Chick said...

I just love the glittery touches you added to your tags and it is so cool how they open up for a personal message inside! Genius!

Nox said...

Cozy little fireplace themed tag and love that flip open Santa tag - nice job!

Jean said...

Gorgeous!

Nandini said...

Awww! So cute and sweet! I adore them!

Gail said...

Magical tags! Love them! TFS

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your tags are awesome. Love all of the added sparkle. TFS

Jen P said...

Fabulous Christmas tags! So festive and fun!

Annette Reed said...

These look great. I really like your fire place scene. I like your choice of paper for the wall. And of course I love the stickles because I love glitter. Very pretty tags.

Sandy said...

Of course Stickles were called for -- it's Christmas.
Both tags are wonderful, but the fireplace really drew my eye -- I think it's that fab wallpaper.

Dana M said...

Such fabulous tags! Adorable and classic designs, just beautiful. I love that they open so you can write a message inside.

Chark said...

great scene!