Wednesday, November 27, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 24


Day 24 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags! It's a little bit like Christmas Eve... well, not really, but it sounds good. ;) Remember that all the details of this event, plus the link-up for your own tags, can be found here
For Day 24, we welcome guest and sponsor Heffy Doodle!


Heffy Doodle sent the Tag Team a generous assortment of supplies. Here's the first tag I made: 


These stamps are all from Wanna Build a Snowman, and the stance of this cute little penguin seemed perfect for having him add the star to the Christmas tree. Of course, he's shorter than the tree, so I have him standing on a giant snowball. To ground the scene, I used a Versamarker to add a line of white puff embossing powder. For the sentiment, I used just the last word "warmest" from a longer sentiment, and paired it with the larger "wishes". The main images are all watercoloured. 


For my second tag, I wanted to come up with a design to use what may be the world's smallest gingerbread stamp! 


I used my small Gina K Build-a-Wreath stencil to use my gingie, a candy cane and a hard candy. Mrs. Claus, in her apron, gets to take centre stage. She is coloured with Copics, and her glasses and holly berry have a bit of Glossy Accents. Hey, it was already out from the last tag. :D   


One last quick tag. I asked for Heffy Doodle's Bubble Waves stencil, as when I saw it, I thought it would be fun to use for an abstract, snowy background. 


Does it work? Even if it doesn't really suggest snow, I like how it looks. Since my last tag was images with no sentiment, this one is sentiment only. (I always have a justification. :D) 


I have an obligation to keep up with my tags ;) but if you've fallen behind, not to worry - Tracey will leave the link-up open for a few days after the event ends, so any tags you are catching up on have a chance to be added to the gallery. And don't forget to comment on designers' tags to increase your odds of winning a fun prize! 

All of our sponsors! 


Supplies: (penguin) Stampin' Up bashful blue cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Heffy Doodle Wanna Build a Snowman stamps & dies, Versamarker, Versafine onyx black & Brilliance pearlescent sky blue ink, Wow clear gloss & white puff embossing powder, Gansai Tambi watercolours, Studio Katia bookmark tag die, frosted lace & icicle Stickles, Glossy Accents, Offray ribbon, Divine twine; (Mrs. Claus) Neenah white & desert storm & (?) red cardstock, Santa's Village stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black, Memento ladybug & bamboo leaves, & Papertrey Ink fine linen ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Gina K wreathes builder stencil, Avery Elle circle tag & Spellbinders circle dies, Glossy Accents,Recollections plaid ribbon, raffia, foam tape; (winter wishes) Neenah white cardstock, Wanna Build a Snowman stamps, Memento Luxe Danube blue & Brilliance pearlescent sky blue ink, Wow clear sparkle embossing powder, Heffy Doodle Bubbly Waves stencil, WPlus9 Timeless Tags 2 die, Offray ribbons 

Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Chandhini said...

Love all the tags with different techniques, love the wreath builder tag and the cute penguin one.

Barbara Godden said...

Why make one tag when you can make three, love the penguin one, cute Mrs. Claus and the one with the stencil is simply elegant. (I am one that is behind but only two tags today. I had important shopping to do on Tuesday.

Bunny said...

I'm glad that Mrs. Claus is featured in today's tags. She gets left out sometimes. I like your wave stencil. It reminded of swirling snow. Lovely tags. [Bunny]

Beverly S. said...

Definitely fun tags today. Love the cute penguin and Mrs. Claus tags. The blue glitter sentiment is eye catching too on your pretty blue tag.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love what you did with Mrs. Claus! What a cute idea!

Isabel Z said...

Your Mrs. Claus tag is so clever.

Jean said...

These are all darling!

Joyce said...

3 wonderful tags. I love how cute the first two are, and how elegant your 2nd tag is. Great job with these stamps.

Dana M said...

Super sweet and beautiful tags! Adorable scenes and I love the stenciled background on the winter wishes tag.

Annette Reed said...

Great tags. Your stencil reminds me of a windy Winter day. I think your backgrounds behind Mrs. clause is wonderful and I love the penguin on the snowball.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet trio of adorableness!!! Love your sweet penguin attempting to put the star on the tree, just so sweet! Hope he does not fall off...

Gail said...

Each tag is adorable - like Mrs Clause - TFS

Denise Bryant said...

Great tags! Love the cute penguin standing on the snowball to get the star on top of the tree! Sweet!

Joyce Ann said...

I think the bubble-falling- vertical snow drift is doing just fine...You were channeling your inner Picasso and it turned out beautiful! I'm going to find a bubble stencil or some stencil in this craft lab of mine to complete my tag. Thank you for the inspiration.


Lauryne Cunningham said...

Cute tags! I love the penguin on the snowball!

Mary Holshouser said...

Darling tags. Love
The framing of Mrs. Claus.
The penguin putting the
star on the tree looks a
little precarious.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Dawn S. said...

These are so sweet! I love the penguin putting the star on top of the tree! I was inspired by your last tag to create my tag.

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! Super super cute!!!

Nox said...

Love the oval shape of your first tag and that great background on the last tag - great job!

JulieP said...

Your penguin scene is DARLING!

cm said...

That is definitely a small gingerbread! Mrs. Claus is charming in her baking outfit; the 'abstract' snow is fabulous. The penguin, though, steals the show! A-DOR-A-BLE!!
hugs~c

Chark said...

sweet--love Mrs. Claus!