Friday, November 22, 2019

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 19


TGIF! It's Day 19 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags, and today we are welcoming Paper Smooches


Paper Smooches sent Tracey's Tag Team some great stamps and dies to play with. I could probably have made tags all day, but I limited myself to three. :) For my first one, I attempted a little word art: 


From the many festive sentiments in the stamp set Spreading Joy, I picked three that I thought would fit together well. I embossed them in silver on a dark blue tag base, then added the teeny stars where space needed filling. A dark blue grosgrain ribbon was the finishing touch. 


My second tag uses dies from Holiday Sweets: 


I die cut the double trees, one light on dark, the other dark on light. (Did I do that intentionally? Maaaaybeeee... :D) The snowflakes are from an older set, embossed in white before blending a little blue on the top of the tag. (I had a close-up photo of this tag too, but it vanished into cyberspace.)
My third tag also uses a couple of dies from the Holiday Sweets set: 


I really like this cute layered candy cane! A bonus was finding this ink-smooshed panel already in my stash. After *hanging* the candy cane on the silver branch, the tag still seemed to need something, so I carefully stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner. 


I had so much fun making these tags that I'm adding them to the current Paper Smooches challenge
If you are playing along every day, by making your own tags inspired by each day's line-up of designers, or by commenting on each designer's post - or even better, both! - you will be in the running or some great prizes offered by our generous sponsors. And you'll have all the tags you need for the festive season! 

Our amazing sponsor line-up! 


Supplies: (peace, joy, love) (?) blue cardstock, Paper Smooches Spreading Joy stamps, Versamark, silver embossing powder, Paper Smooches scalloped tag die, Offray ribbon; (trees) Neenah white, Stampin' Up garden green & American Crafts textured green cardstock, Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes stamps, Versamark & tumbled glass distress ink, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Paper Smooches Holiday Sweets & stitched tag dies, scrap ribbon & The Twinery peeped baker's twine, foam tape; (joy) Neenah white, Stampin' Up real red & glitter cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Paper Smooches Spreading Joy stamp, Stampin' Up real red & evergreen bough distress ink, Paper Smooches stitched tag, Holiday Sweets & Wreath Builder dies, Stampin' Up tinsel ribbon

Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Bunny said...

Great trio of tags. Love that candy cane especially.
[Bunny]

Gail said...

Each tag is a delight - looking at the candy cane to create on a tag - yum - TFS

Barbara Godden said...

All three tags are great love the navy one and that candy cane is adorable. and nice job of not wasting any tree dies.

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Awesome cards! I love the CAS look of the navy one- the white sentiment really pops!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I really love the CAS Navy and white!

Kim Heggins said...

Love all your sweet tags...but I do agree with the others, that navy one is stunning!

Joyce said...

A trio of wow. Love the simplicity and boldness of each one.

Mary Holshouser said...

Wonderful tags. Love that
dark blue with the white
lettering. thanks for
sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Isabel Z said...

Love them all!

Dana M said...

Wonderfully festive tags! I love your clean designs.

Arianna Barbara said...

Adorable tags!!! Love them!!!

Dawn S. said...

Super sweet tags! I love all of them.

Karen Letchworth said...

What a FAB tag trio, Lindsey. I love your color combinations, and this has certainly inspired me. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art today.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

JulieP said...

Simple and cute. Perfect!

Nox said...

Lovely tags! I love the soft inking on the candy cane tag - it is a lovely backdrop to the bright red, and that tree tag is lovely!

Jean said...

Delightful tags!!

Annette Reed said...

These are lovely. I like the silver embossing on the blue and the silver glitter pine branch with the candy cane.

Denise Bryant said...

Great tags! Love the tree and candy cane dies!

Beverly S. said...

Pretty tags today....Love the white words on the dark blue especially!!!!

Christine said...

Lots and lots of Paper Smooches cuteness! Love your tags and chose the winter scene with the sweet trees as my Day 19 inspiration. Thanks again for the inspiration!

cm said...

Christmas word art, plus Christmas trees, plus a candy cane = a recipe to send my festive spirit soaring! Glad you're adding them to the PS Challenge; these will certainly catch Kim's eye!
hugs~c

Chark said...

Nice group of classic tags!