Friday, April 8, 2016

TGIF

I am very glad it's Friday. While these are very first-world problems, the return of WINTER (in APRIL!!!), an inability to touch a piece of cardstock without messing it up, and a killer migraine yesterday all combined to make a very long week. But this afternoon I actually made a card for the current Muse challenge with a minimum of mistakes, so perhaps that bodes well for the weekend ahead. 
This week's muse is Michele, and here is her elegant inspiration card: 


And here is my interpretation:


 As you can tell, I was totally inspired by Michele's card layout and main grey panel... so classy! I have some patterned paper that is very similar to her smaller panel, but decided to white-emboss roses on some rust-coloured cardstock. The colour (not my usual) was influenced by the paper I used for my little butterfly. Last week I had a chance to play with a gelli plate for the first time (so much fun!), and decided to use one of monoprints I made. Instead of a rectangle, I used a stitched tag for the focal panel. As with this card, I also used the opportunity to add to my stash of sympathy cards. (I do this with some trepidation; the last time I decided it would be good to have a bunch of sympathy cards on hand, we promptly needed to use them all, it seemed.) 
Unlike last week, there are still a couple of days left in this challenge, perhaps you will be inspired, too! 


Supplies: white, Stampin' Up dusty durango & Bazzill textured grey cardstock, Stampin' Up Fifth Avenue Floral & Hero Arts Newspaper Background & With Deepest Sympathy stamps, Colorbox frost white & Memento grey flannel inks, Wow white embossing powder, My Favorite Things Blueprints 24 & Technique Tuesday This Tag dies, Martha Stewart butterfly punch

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeously CAS! Great take on the inspiration card.

Barbara Godden said...

Great take on the Muse, nice to have a supply of any kind of cards. Lovely job. on it.

Ardyth said...

So pretty! Hope your headache will leave you alone (and the snow, too!) So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lindsey!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Lindsey! Oh you are clever ... LOve those roses, and they make a gorgeous backdrop for your sweet little monoprint butterfly! I am on vacation right now ... so sorry to have missed that monoprint challenge! Thanks for playing cards with us at Muse!
=] Michele

Chris Dring said...

I just read something earlier today that explained what a gelli plate and monoprints were. So cool you got to play! I love your take on the muse card! Also very classy.

Marybeth said...

I'm so sorry about your headache ,not fun at all! You said you started out with mistakes.......but I say you needed up with a beauty!

Susi said...

I love the shape of your DP tag - this is a fabulous card!