Monday, April 11, 2016

Another Christmas Card...

At the risk of perpetuating a stereotype about the Great WHITE North... it snowed again yesterday, the first double-digit day of April. So I made a Christmas card. I turned to the current Muse ChristmasVisions challenge and this week's card by Kimberly Wiener


Isn't this card adorable! I took inspiration from the whimsical style, watercolouring, and general layout. Here's my interpretation: 


Kimberly has a sledding snowman; I went with a skiing cat. He's watercoloured with distress markers, and the sky with two shades of Twinkling H2Os for a bit of shimmer. (I do find that when the Twinkling H2Os are used this dilutely, there's not a lot of *twinkle* to be found.) I used a little Wink of Stella on the kitty's ears and nose, Gelli Roll clear sparkle on the snow, and snow marker on the white parts of his hat and mittens. Instead of a little doodling around the image panel, I distressed the edges of the watercolour paper — I rarely distress, so it was obviously muse-inspired! After trying a number of different colours, this creamy yellow seemed to set off everything the best. 
Even though the little snow we had yesterday is almost gone, there may be one or two more Christmas cards in the works before I take a SPRING break. 


Supplies: teal & American Crafts textured cardstock, Strathmore watercolour paper, Penny Black White Slopes & Hero Arts Get Merry stamps, MFT black licorice & mermaid lagoon distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, distress markers, Twinkling H2Os, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, Gelli Roll clear glitter gel pen,  MArvy Uchida snow marker 

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE this, this image REALLY captures the FUN of the the SNOW! Which I love... We don't so much here you see, but when I was little, i lived in the Eastern side of this state, and we got all 4 seasons and I LOVED being a snow bunny, many photos of me running around eating snow face first.Thanks for joining us at MUSE Christmas Visions, so glad that you were inspired, YAY!!!!

Darnell said...

Lindsey, this is so stinkin' cute!! A skiing cat! How fun and colored perfectly! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ho much fun is that!!!! Love that cat with all its energy! GREAT card! Thanks for playing along with us at MCV!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my goodness love that skiing cat, of course I love cats. fabulously done card, great take on the muse card. We had it all on Sunday, snow, rain and ice all while we were driving home from dinner. it took at least 45 minutes to drive 25 miles(40km) and was not pleasant.

Ardyth said...

Adorable! We love to see you at MCV, so maybe you could take a 6 day a week 'spring break' and play along with us on the 7th day? lol!

Birgit said...

It's me ... except that I'm not cat of course. I love to ski, and I look just so happy out with skis under my feet:) Love your card!

Marilyn said...

Love your card ... the cat skiing is too fun. Wonderful take on Kimberly's MCV muse card.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

Linda said...

So cute.