Sunday, April 3, 2016

Another Deadline Challenge

If my blog posts this past weekend are any indication, then I am definitely on a bit of a roll, challenge-wise... and I like working close to a deadline. ;) Twas ever thus, I must confess. I'm back with a card for the soon to be closing Muse challenge, where Jenni Murray is the current Muse with this beautiful card: 


I took inspiration from the poppies, the colours, the offset sentiment and the layout. And although Jenni hoped her card wasn't too reminiscent of a sympathy card, that was the route I went... 


Unlike Jenni's stamp, the stems on my poppies are solid, so I didn't want to ink mine in black and have solid black stems. Instead, I used distress markers to colour it before stamping it onto mixed media paper. Then I used a paintbrush to draw colour from the outlines to shade the flowers. Like Jenni, I added a pale wash of green to ground the stamp... to add blue would have been too difficult since the stems would have wanted to bleed into the blue — the green I could handle. ;) My sentiment was a little too long to stamp directly onto the panel as Jenni did, so it's on a simple banner. (I need to find one or two more classy sympathy sentiments...) 
Off to find more almost-ending card challenges! :D

Supplies: Bazzill marshmallow & Stampin' Up old olive cardstock, Unity Wishing You Joy& Hero Arts With Deepest Sympathy stamps, My Favorite Things licorice black ink, distress markers, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch 

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty poppies I love your colouring technique looks so fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Muse!

Jenni's Jems said...

Aw this is sooo pretty love the colouring and the rounded edge just finishes the card perfectly x

Barbara Godden said...

Pretty Poppies, love them. Fabulous case of the Muse card, this is a very interesting challenge blog one I could also be sliding in as it is closing which is better than getting there to find it's closed.

Ardyth said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love that you used markers to stamp this! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Lindsey!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous and awesome coloring 😊

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved Top Three at MUSE, Lindsey! It's easy to see that that was going to happen with this stunning card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell