Monday, April 25, 2016

Ah, April...

It's April 25th. It SNOWED this morning. It didn't stay, but still. Might as well go back to making Christmas cards. 
First up, a card for the not-quite-finished Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge, where Cornelia is the current Muse with this amazing card: 


Let me show you my card, and then I'll explain how I got from Cornelia's to mine... 


Cornelia's card uses a reindeer (head) image, multi/rainbow colours, and a large panel set to the left. I used multiple colours to sponge a northern night sky, teeny deer instead of a large one, and black glitter paper instead of the stripes down the righthand side. Totally obvious, right? ;) I also spattered some homemade white Perfect Pearls mist over the night sky for some stars/snow (instead of Cornelia's stencilled dots) and clear-embossed both the image and sentiment. 
Next, a card for Merry Monday's new challenge, Let It Snow! (Please no.) Since it happens to be World Penguin Day, I chose to make a penguin card. 


Having made a successful (I hope) sponged night sky, I sponged a daytime one this time. Then I mixed some embossing paste with glitter to stencil the snow. While that was drying, I diecut the hills and misted them with my new shimmer spritz. So sparkly! Keeping in mind it's grey and dreary here, this is the best pic I could get. Imagine in real life...


If the weather doesn't improve tomorrow, I may just add to my Christmas card stock again... 

 

Supplies: (Noel) Neenah solar white & American Crafts black glitter cardstock, Memory Box Deer in the Field & WPlus9 Pretty Poinsettias stamps, Versafine onyx black & salty ocean, faded jeans, chipped sapphire, seedless preserves, dusty concord & twisted citron distress inks, Zing clear embossing powder, homemade white confetti Perfect Pearls mist, pop-dot tape; (happy holidays) white cardstock, Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together stamps & dies, Versamark, MFT black licorice & tumbled glass & salty ocean distress inks, silver embossing powder, Spectrum Noir & Sharpie markers, Simon Says Stamp falling snow stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Stampin' Up dazzling diamonds glitter, MFT Scenic Safari die, Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer shimmer mist, pop-dot tape

Pin It Now!

25 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous night sky on the first card - the colors blend so beautifully! The whole scene is so peaceful feeling, Lindsey!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Lindsey, I am so glad you found time to play along at MCV! And what a wonderful scene you created! I am swooning over your winter sky - the water drops are the perfect addition! Just beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous sky for the MCV challenge. Wonderful interpretation of Cornelia's card.

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute penguin card, and great take on the Muse card, Both are awesome.

Becca Cruger said...

**Insert low whistle here** that first card blew my socks off... WOW! Positively STUNNING sponging work. Totally Pinned it. And then your second card brought out the adorables! So cute!

Linda said...

Such a cute little penguin in your snowy scene. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Ardyth said...

It can keep snowing if it means you're going to continue making gorgeous Christmas cards like this! Your northern-lights sky is absolutely amazing and to me the connection is perfectly clear! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

Dotty Jo said...

Snowing right now... I blame YOU! :0) Great cards, love your colour work, Jo x

Bonnie said...

I love both of your scenes, Lindsey! The first one is gorgeous and peaceful and the second is fun and happy! Thanks for sharing these with us at Merry Monday!

jasann said...

Hi there, just love your sweet card, the penguin is so cute, thanks for sharing!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your Christmas themed cards are fantastic Lindsey! Your sky inspired by Cornelia's card is so awesome I saw it right away! I need to play with that Lawn Fawn set again--the images are so cute!

Heather said...

So, I left a comment from my cell phone, but I don't see it here...so, I'll repeat. I love your skies, especially the night sky. But the daytime sky is pretty also (we usually see a lot of blue sky, just not the snowflakes). So sorry you had to see snow this late. Hope all is well. I owe you an email update :-)

Pam A said...

Fabulous sky!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Stunning skies on both of these cards! Your first one with the Northern lights backdrop is so dreamy, truly amazing! So happy to see you in the gallery at MCV last week! Love your card ❤️

CraftyViolet said...

I really like your card. Very nicely done. One of my daughter's loves penguins so I noticed your card on the list right away. Cute.

Marcia Hill said...

Such beautiful (and cute!) cards with lovely winter skies! Your blending on these is fabulous!! :0)

Emma said...

Love your Christmas card they are all just gorgeous.
Em x

Susan Powell said...

I've never heard of World Penguin Day but your card is perfect for it.

laurie said...

this is so cute!love that penguin!

laurie said...

this is so cute!love that penguin!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fantastic cards!

francesca said...

beautiful cards!! :)

Majorelle said...

Very pretty cards! Majorelle

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are lovely, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Karen L K said...

What a great looking sky on that first card! The penguin pulling the sleigh oh so cute!