Saturday, April 2, 2016

O Christmas Tree Muse

What can I say? I like making Christmas cards, even in April. And since there was a skiffle of snow on our deck and on neighbours' roofs this morning, it doesn't even seem all that out of season. 
I've got a card for two challenges: Muse ChristmasVisions and Merry Monday. Merry Monday is looking for a card inspired by a Christmas carol, while at MCV, Maria Fischer is the week's muse. 

      

My carol inspiration is O Christmas Tree; from Maria's card, I was inspired by the graphic tree image, the small sentiment across the bottom of the card and the polka dots. Here's my take: 


Maria used a stencil... I have a small tree stencil that also has circles, but a day of failures convinced me to try something else. I thought this tree stamp had a similar feel with its snowflakes standing in for circles. I started by sponging some distress ink in the centre of the white panel then added a few sparkly spatters. The tree is embossed in white. I stamped the sentiment three times before trimming the panel and layering it on the green polka dot paper. A gold star sequin finishes the card.  

Supplies: white cardstock, Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas patterned paper, Prima Merry Christmas Tree & Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way stamps, Versamark & mowed lawn distress inks, Wow white embossing powder, homemade Perfect Pearls mist, Studio Calico gold star sequin

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh what a pretty Christmas tree card, Did you emboss the tree before sponging the distress ink? Beautiful CAS card and I like the sketch too.

Heather said...

Not sure about the disasters...but this card is beautiful. Love the colo"u"rs. :-)

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful little tree, Lindsey! And the sponging shows it off beautifully! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love that bright green color. It's so cheerful for this card. Very nice.

Ardyth said...

Love the fresh green. As for a skiffle, I'm going to have to look that up! lol! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Lindsey!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lindsey your Christmas tree embossed in white is fabulous against the green background. Dang now it is bedtime and I am humming o Christmas Tree o Christmas Tree....lol

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wonderful sponging, highlights your pretty tree - delighted to have you play with us again at MCV!

maria f. said...

Love your take on my card. That tree stamp mimics my tree of circles perfectly. I love how you've kept everything monochromatic with that fresh green.

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is AWWWWWsome too!!!