Sunday, April 3, 2016

Carol Musing, Take II

I'm back with another challenge card for Muse ChristmasVisions and Merry Monday. (I need to type quickly, the current challenge ends soon!) Last night, when I posted this card, I mentioned the utter lack of success I'd had using a Christmas tree stencil. Well, I couldn't let myself be defeated! With yet another attempt, I have a card I can live with, and even like: 



This very clean and (allegedly) simple card still fought me every step of the way. My stencilling is imperfect, but I decided the patterned paper hides the little embossing paste slips. If you squint, you might see the score lines down the left side to balance the rest of the panel. I grabbed a textured card base from my stash — luckily I looked inside before I adhered the panels, as it was already pre-smudged! Then of course I managed a smudge on my newly-cut card base when I put a sentiment inside. Now there are two little snowflakes in addition to the sentiment. 
From Maria's card, I was inspired by her stencil use, Christmas tree, and pops of gold. And I hope my outside sentiment makes my carol inspiration clear. I'm also adding this to the current Anything Goes Simon Says Stamp challenge. 
Off to link up! Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. 


           





Supplies: American Crafts textured white cardstock, gold pearl paper, Basic Grey Aspen Frost patterned paper, Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way stamp, Versamark ink, Wow white embossing powder, Simon Says Stamp Four Trees stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

Well, sometimes the tools get the best of us, but I had no idea!!! Your card looks fabulous, love that patterned paper, so pretty.

Bonnie said...

Your stenciled tree is very pretty against the patterned background! Love the peaceful look! I'm glad you brought this one to share at Merry Monday too!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wonderful rendition of Maria's card! I never would've noticed the smudges. You are right, they really do blend into the marbled paper. I love the design with the scored lines!

Ardyth said...

Victory is yours! Love the graphic stencil and colour scheme of this! So glad you joined us again!

Tracey McNeely said...

Another pretty pretty card Lindsey! Switching gears from o Hxristmas Tree to Merry Little Chritsmas!!

Barbara Godden said...

I'm not good at using stencils but you don't get better without practice, I love your card and you are certainly on a roll with the challenges. I have time today (weather induced time) to work on one for the JBs.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Don't be so hard on yourself - I love the result! And the sentiment goes perfectly together with that modern tree!

Gayatri said...

Very pretty Christmas card. Love it. Thank you so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
Gayatri xx

maria f. said...

One of my favorite Christmas sentiment stamps of all time! Your stenciled tree is so sweet and modern, kept in all white. Thanks for joining in at MCV.