Thursday, March 18, 2021

Seize the Birthday with a Sketch!


Happy Thursday! It's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge, and for something a little different, we have a sketch as an option for you! 


Lots of possibilities with this sketch, I think. My card is essentially built around a new-to-me sentiment I wanted to use:


Strangely, I just don't seem to have a lot of drink-related patterned paper in my stash, so I made my own. :D I used Versamark ink with a martini glass stencil, so I could emboss them in clear before adding green and blue watercolour powders. I used more or less matching inks for my two big martini glasses. Is there such a thing as a really small corner-rounding punch? I'd definitely like one so I wouldn't have to round my corners by hand, as I did on the sentiment banner. 


The lovely Carol continues to be our surprise party guest, and she and the StB design team all have their own interpretations of this versatile sketch! Of course, if the sketch isn't calling to you, we love to see all birthday cards in our link-up. Come and join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white & Recollections black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, MFT Martini Time stamps & dies, MFT Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2 stamp, Versamark, Versafine onyx black, Versacolor indigo & Catherine Pooler melon ice ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Picket Fence martini glasses stencil, cerulean blue & spring green Magenta Nuance watercolour powders, MFT double stitched rectangle die, foam tape

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

The background is great, as is the image and the sentiment. Love the colours too, they are a pair of my favs to use together.

Colleen said...

Great job making your own background paper, and that sentiment is rather clever!

Nancy said...

A fabulous background that you created for your card Lindsey! That is a trick I don't do often enough! Thanks for inspiring me once again! Love the greeting!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - that background is awesome

Barbara said...

Hahahah! I just love this sentiment and that you made your card and the background around it. Super cool!

Cathy said...

Great background and I love the sentiment! Such a fun card, Cathy x

Lisa Arana said...

Lol. I laughed so hard at that sentiment. It is perfect. That background is amazing too.

JoAnn said...

Great background you created for your fun card.

Ashwini Rao said...

What a completely fun card! Love the mash of blues and greens..and of course that fun sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this....just too darn fun!!!

JulieP said...

Your background is awesome! I love (and own) this sentiment as well. There are small corner rounders (at least there used to be). I'll check to see if mine has a manufacturer label on it when I return home.

TaeEun said...

I love the background which goes so well with your martini glasses! What a cool birthday card!

shirley-bee said...

Fab card! Love the background, and of course that sentiment! 🥳

Glenda J said...

Thank you for making a drink card for my sketch! Love your background - very clever! Fabulous take on the sketch my friend. :)