Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Christmas Kickstart: Green Christmas (Starring the Snarky Stampers!)


Ready for a little Christmas in March? My friend Jo hosts the Christmas Kickstart Challenge, and she has invited her Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers teammates to guest with her for her newest challenge, GREEN Christmas! Jo also said snark was optional, so I have a very green, but very snarkless, Christmas card to share: 
 

Another friend, Carol, had an extra of this terrific background stamp, and was nice enough to send her extra one to me! <3 By embossing it in white it on a green cardstock base, it. made the green part of the challenge easy. If I was going to use this to mass-produce cards (always an option I never quite seem to get to :D), I would add the sparkly Stickles to Santa's hat and leave it at that. But because this is for a challenge, I also used red Inktense pencil to colour in his outfit and the large MERRY outline letters. Still a quick and easy Christmas card to make!  As a first time using this stamp, I'm sending this card over to Darnell's March NBUS challenge. 


Extra inspiration on the Christmas Kickstart challenge blog, with lots of the Snarky Sisters playing along with Jo! And yes, a couple of them are much snarkier than mine. ;) Hope you'll come and play along! (P.S. If this isn't enough Christmas inspiration for you, I'm back tomorrow with my March cards for ABC Christmas Challenge... and they're all green! :D) 



Supplies: Neenah white & (?) green cardstock, Uniko Block Party stamp, Versamrk ink, Wow detail white embossing powder,  Intense poppy red watercolour pencil, frosted lace Stickles

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous Christmas Green! LOVE this one Lindsey!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Dotty Jo said...

Thank you so much for being one of my team of elves this month, Lindsey! I love your card and the pops of red really make it sing. Big hugs and thanks again, Jo x

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh that background stamp!!!!
Fabulous...the green and white really pop with the little touches of red!
Just awesome!

Diane said...

Wonderful stamped background and design Lindsey.

Hugs diane

Barbara Godden said...

Why didn't I think of this, I have not one but 3 background stamps that I could use. (insert head slap) You are a lucky girl to have a great and generous friend. The embossing is is really clean looking, Kudos to you. Love your card.

JulieP said...

That's an awesome stamp. Love the selective coloring! Beautiful!

Darnell said...

What a perfect festive stamp for making a Christmas card - or batch-making Christmas cards! I love your added red and schparkle, Lindsey! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

This is a fabulous stamp to emboss on green, and those red little touches add so much interest.