Wednesday, March 3, 2021

ABC Christmas: E, F and G


The first Wednesday of the month brings with it a new challenge from ABC Christmas! We're offering three prompts this month, for E, F and G. First up - E for ELVES: 


I went with just one elf, but I think that's allowed. ;) I stamped this cute one from Lawn Fawn then stamped the list beside him. After colouring with Copics, I masked them off to add a little floor for the elf to stand on. A split sentiment, a die cut frame and a few Stickles finished off this card. 


Next, we have F for FIR TREES: 


I think this evergreen branch can be fir or pine, so we're calling it fir for this card. ;) I stamped the branch all around the card base, using first, second and third generation stamping for tonal variety. I also blended a little distress ink over the panel. The sentiment is embossed in gold, with a few gold confetti sequins scattered about. 


Finally, we have G for GARLAND: 


I've had this tree stamp for a long time, but isn't it perfectly designed for a slimline card? It, the popcorn/cranberry garland and the sentiment are stamped and embossed in brown ink. Using a negative mask, I sponged some green on the root bag, then overstamped it with an envelope pattern stamp to add a little burlap texture. I blended a little white ink around the edges of the kraft panel. 


If I wasn't already guesting at my friend Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge, I would definitely add my first two cards to the current Green Christmas challenge! You might want to keep both challenges in mind this month and join them! 

Supplies: (elves) Neenah white & American Crafts green textured cardstock, Lawn Fawn Holiday Helpers stamps, Versafine onyx black & antique linen distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, MFT stitched scalloped rectangle die, frosted lace Stickles; (fir trees) Neenah white cardstock, Sunny Studio Christmas Trimmings & Concord & 9th Christmas Florals stamps, Versamark, Stampin' Up garden green & bundled sage distress ink, Simon Says Stamp antique gold embossing powder, Studio Katia gold foil confetti; (garland) Neenah white & desert storm cardstock, Ellen Hutson Homespun Holiday stamps & dies, Hero Arts envelope pattern stamp, Versamark, Memento Luxe espresso truffle, Brilliance moonlight white & bundled sage distress ink, Wow clear gloss & gold tinsel embossing powder, Copic markers, Pinkfresh slimline essentials die, Studio Katia gold sparkle crystals

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

All three are great, love that cute little elf he is adorable, and the gorgeous greenery and embossed sentiment is so elegant, and yes I think that tree works for a slimline card with the sentiment at the bottom. Would also work for a mini slimline which is 3 X 6.

Diane said...

Lovely selection of designs Lindsey.

Hugs diane

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely selection of cards, Lindsey! I like them all, but that sweet little elf has captured my heart, Jo x

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous cards, Lindsey and I love that they are all so different. If I had to pick a favourite it would have to be your awesome fir card - love the elegant design and the tonal shades on the branches.
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Helen said...

Beautiful cards Lindsey - particularly love the fir tree one!
Helen x

Joyce said...

Wow wow wow...what a fabulous trio. I think that little elf has stolen my heart, but your other two more sophisticated cards are wonderful as well.

Dorte said...

Wonderful cards for the E, F and G challenge, Lindsey. I love the fir tree one, I have to put on my glasses to find out what stamp you have used.
Wishing you a fine week.
Dorte xx