Monday, December 6, 2021

Happy Little Stampers: Stencils


We are up to the Stencil Challenge at Happy Little Stampers! As always, it's anything goes as long as a stencil has been used. I used a stencil two ways for my Christmas tag: 


For the big bold sentiment, I added transfer gel through a stencil. This was the first time experimenting to see if heat-transfer foil would work with the gel, and I am happy to report it did! (Unlike the other way around - foils made for laminating or gel transfer do not react to heat foiling, sadly.) Once the transfer gel had dried, I added the red foil with my die cutting machine. For the tag base, I used the holly part of the same stencil to blend green ink onto the kraft cardstock. To tie everything together, I added a few die cut holly leaves and berries. This angled photo gives a better indication of the sentiment's shine: 


The HLS Stencil design team have used their stencils in a variety of ways that is sure to inspire you! I hope you'll join us. 

Supplies: Neenah white & desert storm, scrap green & red glitter cardstock, mowed lawn distress ink, Creative Expressions Merry Christmas stencil, Deco Foil transfer gel duo, Icraft red deco foil, Memory Box mini holly leaves die, Cutplorations manila tag die, Offray red ribbon, red Divine Twine, $ store jingle bells  

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great tag, the sentiment is shiny and awesomely stenciled. the added holly leaves and berries were a fab. choice.

cm said...

This is one pretty holly tag! My foils have been banished to the closet...need to dig them out.
hugs~c