Thursday, April 1, 2021

Seize the Birthday: Squares


It's time for a new Seize the Birthday challenge! Our topping this month, chosen by JoAnn, is SQUARES. Square card, square elements... or, just make a birthday card and join us! ;) (Our toppings are always optional.)
I pulled out a very old set of wood mount stamps that are perfect for using on squares: 


Mickey! I stamped three out of the four images in the set and added a little Copic colouring. I die cut each one and layered onto a scalloped square. In my mind, scallops are a teeny bit like his ears, so I added a scalloped border to the white panel as well, before getting everything onto a red card base. 
I'm adding this to the current Anything Goes Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp. 


It's a brand new month, and we have a brand new Surprise Party Guest: Lynda! She and my design teammates have found all kinds of fun ways to incorporate squares into their cards. Make a birthday card and join us! 


Supplies: Neenah white, Recollections black & Papertrey Ink pure poppy cardstock, Rubber Stampede Mickey Mouse & MFT Bitty Bears stamps, MFT extreme black & versa fine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Nellie's square, Provocraft scalloped square, Sunny Studio slimline basic borders & MFT blueprints 29 sentiment banner dies

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi Lindsey - it's great to join the party. Even as a person from across the pond - love Mickey and his mates - great card, great colours - all very effective. xx

JoAnn said...

Love your cute Mickey squares. They remind me of one of those tiny books you flip through and the images change like they are moving. Great card Lindsey.

Barbara Godden said...

Minnie and mickey are favourites of mine, Super cute use of the squares, and the images are cute. great card design and love the colour combo.

Barbara said...

You are right, the scallops are like the ears on Micky! This is a fun card in every way. I have a fondness for Micky!

Nancy said...

This is such a terrific idea to use your Mickeys as the stamp for all of your squares. I love how you repeated the scallops on both the squares and the border. This turned into such a happy card! Well done!

JulieP said...

I love everything about this design!! Such a fun card.

cm said...

WHAT? Mickey stamps are a thing? Totally in love with this card, from the sweet Mickeys to the scalloped-looks-like-Mickey-ears frames. Cuteness, plus!
hugs~c

Kim Heggins said...

Simply adorable and I know that anything with Mickey Mouse is going to be fabulous!!! Your card is almost as cute as the one you sent to me for my birthday! I just love it....thank you so much.

Cathy said...

Such a fun card, I was such a Mickey and Minnie fan lol! Great design using squares and scallops, Cathy x

Vicki Dutcher said...

That Mickey is fabulous! He worked perfectly on the squares!

shirley-bee said...

A card to make anyone smile! Those Mickey images are so cute, and I love the ears/scallop theme. Well done for getting out the woodblock stamps!

TaeEun said...

You're right! The black scalloped border goes perfectly with the ears of Mickey mouse! So cute!!!

Glenda J said...

This is so much fun and of course, I love the colours. Great CAS layout too. Hope you are well my friend.