Thursday, April 15, 2021

Seize the Birthday: Spring Flowers


Hello and welcome to a Seize the Birthday Thursday! We've got a perfect "topping" for you if you live on the north half of the globe... SPRING FLOWERS! I have a pretty posy of daffodils from our back yard on our dining room table right now, but for my card, I chose tulips: 


My decision may have been influenced by the fact that I already had these two flowers stamped and ready to be used. :) At the time, I hadn't quite layered them perfectly, but since then, I've learned from Kathy Racoosin about filling in nooks and crannies with pencil crayons, so why not fill in slight mis-stamping the same way? :D Once I'd done that, I did a little trimming and fussy cutting, added a sentiment and matching side panel, popped on a trio of dew drop bling, and the card was done. 


My teammates at StB excel at flowers, so be sure to check out their creations, as well as that of our current surprise party guest, Lynda! If spring flowers aren't your thing, we love to see any birthday card in our gallery, so I hope you'll join us. 

Supplies: Neenah white & Bazzill yellow cardstock, Altenew Tulip stamps, Versafine onyx black, Altenew rouge, crimson & velvet & Memento bamboo leaves & cottage ivy inks, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Studio Katia clear drops, foam tape

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Lindsey! Great theme this week for birthday cards. I need to get busy!

Lynda said...

Lovely vibrant tulips. Love the cutting round one edge - and great tip about the filling-in when layering not quite right - I'm an expert at the slightly off-kilter look to layering stamps!! xx

Joyce said...

Beautiful card, and great tip about filling in. That could save me a lot of time and frustration in the future. And, your tulips look perfect, so I know it works.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Lindsey! We have pink and yellow/white tulips at present plus some that we can't remember the colour to come! Jo x

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love your tulips and would never had know you had a boo-boo. That is a great tip about filling in where needed. TFS

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty card, I have three step tulips but they are wood block and not easy to layer. Great design and use of the dew drops. You have flower on your table? not sure they would last here unless I hung them from the ceiling, but my daffodils are beautiful it seems a shame not to have some to enjoy inside.

Barbara said...

I adore these tulips and how you were able to save them. Hooray for you as they make a beautiful card

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome clean card -- I love those tulips

Nancy said...

You have got to continue to do more florals, my dear! This is beautiful! You are using my favorite dew drops too.

Kim Heggins said...

So pretty...tulips are my favorite flowers and yours are just perfect!

cm said...

Beautiful tulips! Impressed with your fussy cutting; so out of my skillz zone!
hugs~c

Ashwini Rao said...

The flowers look beautiful, of course, but I love how you've paired that pink with a soft yellow and that partial cut out design as well. Its really a fantastic card!

Cathy said...

These tulips look perfect! Beautiful detailed stamping, so your save was a good one, love the colours too, Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card, Lindsey, and a great save by filling in the gaps with coloured pencils. We’ve got some beautiful yellow tulips in the garden, they’re such cheerful flowers 🙂

Glenda J said...

I always love red and yellow together and you rocked it! Love the fussy cutting too - great layout.

TaeEun said...

The tulips look perfect, Lindsey! I can't find any mis-stamping on them. Love that you added Spring yellow to the background and the sentiment!