Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes!


Time for the easiest challenge theme of all at Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes! I decided to go with one of the stamp sets I bought when Concord and 9th had their huge sale a few months ago... 


I stamped the single poppy stem, added the leaf, and embossed both. I chose to watercolour with distress inks, as I knew I also wanted to use the brushstroke swath that comes with the set. For it, I used sponge daubers to add ink and misted lightly before stamping. After letting it dry AND using a powder tool to prevent speckling, I stamped and embossed the sentiment. As a final touch, I scattered a few Studio Katia gems near the sentiment.  


If, like me, your crafting mojo tends to come and go these days, there is bound to be something inspiring on the ATSM post with the wide variety of styles and techniques the design team has used! Hope you will make a card and join us. 

Supplies: Hero Arts colour layering cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Concord & 9th Pretty Poppy stamps, Versafine & faded lipstick, festive berries, brushed sage & mowed lawn distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Studio Katia May crystals, MRMK corner-rounding punch

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Such a pretty card, that poppy is really pretty, I love the splash of colour behind the sentiment. really makes it pop. I have an old Hero Arts stamp that looks similar thanks for the reminder. Great design.

JulieP said...

Very pretty! I love how you did the two toned background for your sentiment. So artsy fartsy of you. *wink* :-)

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a timelessly elegant and entirely lovely design.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Joyce said...

This is just lovely.

cm said...

The simplicity of your card is what makes it shine! Beautiful poppy and carrying the colours over to the sentiment is a perfect added touch!
hugs~c