Saturday, July 27, 2019

Seaside with the Snarky Stampers

Ahh, summer by the sea. For me, it's actually summer by the bay, and that works just fine. :D Regardless, for the next two weeks, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is looking for your S is for SEA creations! Is this not the best challenge graphic EVER? 


It took me a while to come up with a combination of sea and snark. At last, I came up with this: 



I started this by stamping the anchor and chain in black and embossing in aged silver embossing powder. The more I look at it, the more I realize I've got the anchor tilted the wrong way, but so far I'm living with it. :D Next I watercoloured the ocean background, adding a final wash of a sparkly green - which didn't add much green to the mix, but gave the ocean a delightful shimmer. While the panel was drying, I used distress inks to make my ocean floor, as well as stamping the sentiment strip. Then it was just a matter of putting it all together and hand-printing the HELP!


For more ocean views, be sure to check out the projects the Sisters have made, along with our current Queen of Snark and guest designer, Rina! Don your life jacket and join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Unity Beach Cottage Collection, Paper Smooches Nauticool & Neat & Tangled Sailmates stamps, Versifine onyx black & Antique linen & vintage photo distress ink, Wow clear gloss & Stampendous aged silver frantage embossing powder, Gansai Tambai watercolours, Sharpie pen, foam tape

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this, Lindsey! What a clever way to use the theme, Jo x

Jane Willis said...

Great idea - and when the tide changes, the anchor stays put but the boat moves around so your anchor isn't the "wrong way" really. Plus it looks stunning as it is.

Donna said...

The anchor is totally tilted the right way if the person on the other edge is trying to swim towards the surface...
LOLs

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I love the shimmer of it, gives off a great vibe.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love the way you used the theme and with snark. Lots of shimmer on that beautiful background.

Lisa Arana said...

Oh my goodness... I giggled at the HELP. Lol. I love the shiny background so much.

Chris Dring said...

Lovely shimmery background and that subtle snark is fabulous!

Lucille K said...

Ha!! The little help by the anchor is the perfect Snark for this wonderful card :)