Wednesday, July 3, 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge: N & O


Here we are at Christmas in July for ABC Christmas Challenge! We are also halfway through the alphabet - this month our themes are N for NO PEEKING and O for ORNAMENT
Since it's summer (finally!) where I live, I enjoyed making my Christmas projects sitting outside on our deck while enjoying some iced tea. I also broke from tradition and made my first project a tag: 


To me, a "no peeking" sentiment seems perfect for a tag, and I had all the makings for it in one Concord & 9th set. I started by die cutting the tag holder and creating a pattern by stamping the diamonds all over it. Then I heat embossed the no peeking sentiment... and realized it would have shown better if I'd not put diamonds behind the little letters. Sigh. A coat of sparkly gel pen made them much more readable. Second mistake was white-embossing the inner tag sentiment on red using Versamark instead of a white pigment ink - the thicker The North Pole letters aren't exactly perfect. :( I consoled myself with the knowledge that tags get even LESS attention than cards do. :D 

   

I got back to the cards with O for Ornament: 



I've had this cute little Christmas cat for ages and this seemed the perfect reason to add ink to her again. Some fun patterned paper for the background and to frame her, sparkly spray on the snow, and of course some gloss on the ornaments. 


Here we are, it's the second half of 2019 - time to start stockpiling some Christmas cards! With two fun prompts and lots of design team inspiration - plus some from prizes from co-team leader Samantha! - why not join us! 

Supplies: (no peeking) Neenah white & Stampin' Up real red cardstock, Holiday Cheer Tags stamps & dies, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red ink, Zing red glitter & Hero Arts white embossing powder, Gelly Roll clear glitter pen, Hemptique twine; (ornaments) Neenah white, Doodlebug Frosty Friends & (?) patterned paper, Memory Box grey card base, Magenta Christmas Cat stamp, Versafine smoky grey ink, Wow clear embossing powder, Copic markers, Sugar Pea Designs Card Builder Elements & (?) scalloped frame die, Glossy Accents, Tsukineko clear shimmer spray, foam tape

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great tag and card! Love that kitty with the ornaments on her tail - wonder how that happened??? Jo x

Helen said...

Two fab projects Lindsey! Love that cute kitty image!
Helen x

Inkyfingers said...

Love how the tags fit together Linsey and they look really good in their bright festive colours. The cat on the card is so cute and I love how you created the little snow scene for her.
Hugs
Carol x

Lynda said...

Love these cards Lindsey. That cute cat - yes, I'm owned by two cats - and the vibrant tag - very vibrant for such a little thing! Love them both. :) Lynda

Kim Heggins said...

So much fun!!! Love that sweet tag!