Saturday, July 6, 2019

Artist Trading Card News!


Today I get to announce why I have been practicing my Artist Trading Card skills the past couple of months... I am joining Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge Design Team! This month our theme is FLORAL
I like to make ATCs in sets, so I made a set of four. I tried photographing them all together, but since two are on white cardstock and two are on a creamier mixed media paper, they really didn't play nicely together. So here they are in pairs. 



For the first pair, I started by selectively inking and stamping a dotted background stamp. Over that I used a floral stencil with translucent embossing paste. The stencilled areas resisted the sponging of the blue and green inks. for the left ATC, I added a sponged and die cut flower and a green hello sentiment. The right has a cluster of flowers and a wreath I cut in half to add some greenery.


For the second pair, I smooshed blue and purple distress inks onto an acetate sheet, misted them and used that for stamping my background roses stamp. For the left ATC, I found this large floral-style die cut in my stash, spritzed it with shimmer mist, and added a purple foil centre. For the last one, I adhered an assortment of die cuts, stickled the centre of the main flower and added a sentiment. 





Artist Trading Cards (and Coins) are a fun, small canvas to play with stamps, inks, techniques and more! Any details you may need can be found on the Happy Little Stampers blog. I hope you'll come and play along! 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Congratulations - I love ATCs and your's are gorgeous, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

Congratulations on your new DT gig! These ATC's are all so pretty!

cm said...

Woo hoooo! Congratulations on joining the ATC team...and talk about an impressive debut! Love your floral quartet! I've never made ATCs - cards or coins - p'raps I should start thinking about doing so and join in the fun. We shall see what my currently absent mojo has to say about that *grin*
hugs~c

Susan Renshaw said...

Super ATCs - love the backgrounds and colours you have used!
Fabulous makes for the Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Nancy said...

Your ATCs are all really beautiful, Lindsey! I'm one of the other new DT members, and I think we're going to have lots of fun! I also just discovered that you're a fellow Canadian. :o)