Monday, July 22, 2019

A Happy Purr-thday Card

It seems like it's been a long time since I made a card to play along in a challenge! The current MFT sketch challenge card layout was too good to pass up. 


Other than a smaller format, I stayed very close to the sketch:


I used two different MFT cat stamp sets... and I MIRROR STAMPED!!! This is my most successful attempt at mirror stamping yet. (By which I mean, it's usually a complete failure.) I wish I could remember where I saw it suggested to use a gelli plate for the technique, but at least I remembered to try it. I stamped the cat onto the plate with pigment ink, carefully pressed down a piece of watercolour paper, and was even able to successfully heat emboss the transfer. While waiting for the watercoloured kitties to dry, I die cut the white frame, added the sentiments and sparkly hearts to the blended panel (I had made it a while back at a stamping playdate), and adhered the various layers. The final thing was to perch the two cats on their *windowsill*.  


I'm also entering this in the current Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge. 


Supplies: Neenah white, Recollections black, & Hero Arts blue layering cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, MFT Love You Furever & Cool Cat stamps & dies, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox orchid & assorted Catherine Pooler inks, Wow clear gloss & clear sparkle embossing powder, Zig watercolour markers, MFT blueprints 29 stitched die

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Adorable card, love the kitties, and fab. job with the mirror stamping (thought they were two different ones) Cute sentiment as well.

Chris Dring said...

Super cute Kittehs!! Great job with the mirroring and thanks for the tip about using a Gelli plate!

Joyce said...

This is really adorable. And, congrats on the mirror stamping. I have never gotten it to work for me. I would not have known you didn't have a second stamp if you had not mentioned it.

Dotty Jo said...

I actually did a little squeal when this popped up on the screen! This is gorgeous, Jo x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love this - enjoyed reading all the details too...
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Lisa Arana said...

What cute little kitties and love that they are hanging out in the window. Such a fabulous card.