Sunday, November 11, 2018

25 Tags of Christmas: Day 11


Good morning! It's Sunday, and Day 11 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! Today is the day to feature Winnie & Walter as our guest and sponsor. 


Winnie and Walter sent Tracey's design team some fabulous goodies to play with, and I ended up mixing and matching to make three tags. Tag one:


In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals has 32 images in the set, some of them layering stamps, such as this pretty wreath with ornaments that can be layered on top. I stamped the wreath in a shimmery ink then embossed the baubles in red glitter. The joy sentiment from In Bloom: Frenchie's Festive Florals is embossed in gold tinsel embossing powder. On the principal that more is more, I added strips of red glitter paper to the top and bottom of the tag. 


Now that we're almost halfway through our 25 tag days, it seems as good a time as any to make a confession... I do not always spend a ton of time making tags. After all, we all know that tags may not even get the amount of attention that our homemade cards do. So hours of labour is not always warranted. Winnie and Water's stamps work for quick tags too! 


This tag starts with a solid poinsettia from Frenchie's Festive Florals stamped in red. Then I stamped a tag image from Tagged: Holiday Cheer in Versamark and embossed it in glittery embossing powder. The sentiment also comes from the same set.
Then there's really easy...


This time I used neon ombré ink with the same tag stamp and embossed a sentiment over top. Cut it out, add some twine, done. 
For more inspiration, be sure to visit Tracey's blog, where you will see tags from the Winnie & Walter design team as well as my tag team friends. You will also find all the details on how you can participate and maybe even win a prize! 

Look at all these great companies
sponsoring the Tag event!


Supplies: (wreath) Neenah white cardstock, American Crafts red glitter paper, Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals & In Bloom: Frenchie's Festive Florals stamps, Versamark & Brilliance pearlescent thyme inks, American Crafts Zing red glitter & gold tinsel embossing powders, CUTplorations manila tag die, elastic gold cord; (poinsettia) Neenah white cardstock, Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Frenchie's Florals & Tagged: Holiday Cheer stamps, Versamark & Stampin' Up real red inks, Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, Spellbinders PageMaps: Charmed I'm Sure die, Tonic Nuvo bright gold crystal drops, scrap ribbon & gold elastic cord; (holiday cheer) Neenah white cardstock, Winnie & Walter Tagged: Holiday Cheer stamps, Versamark & Hero Arts chartreuse to blue neon ombré ink, Wow white embossing powder, green Divine Twine


Pin It Now!

18 comments:

Nox said...

Lovely tags - I love the soft layer of glimmer on the second tag and the bright, festive glitter of the first.

Bunny said...

I love the beautiful glittery wreath tag. Like you, I don't make a lot of tags but when I do I end up giving them away. [Bunny]```

Isabel Z said...

Such beautiful tags; I love all the detail.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful tags, Jo x

cm said...

Your posts are a delight to read, Lindsey; you do have a flair for the written word! Your premise of more-is more made me laugh; your 'confession', frank and smart! To the contrary, I *am* spending too much time making tags, to the detriment of getting cards done! Evidently, I'm fiddling around too much!
Anyway, your tags are delights! Tags 1 and 2 are ooh la la glittery glamourous (the sparkle on the second...swoon!); Tag 3, a 'bright' delight! Once again, inspired and inspiring little works of art!
hugs~c

Sandy said...

Loved your comments about making quick tags, and your examples. The wreath tag is lovely -- I'm not much for glitter and sparkle except when it comes to Christmas when I bring out the glittery EP and Stickles.

Mary Holshouser said...

Great tags.
Love the small one with the
poinsettia and the shading
on the last tag is great.
thanks for sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Teresa Doyle said...

Gorgeous tags Lindsey, especially the white/red glittery one, so beautiful.

Kim Heggins said...

Lindsey...these are all so beautiful! Love each one of them. but your final tag is my favorite...love that gorgeous green!

MadeByMeghanK said...

The glitter is sooo awesome! Really makes them pop and stand out!

Joyce said...

These are all fantastic. I am chuckling how similar our wreath tags are--kudos on the red glitter choice. It takes your tag up a notch.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Adorable tags!

Karen Letchworth said...

Another fabulous tag, Lindsey. More of that glitter that inspired me the first time, and I just LOVE to see. Such a sweet touch, and thanks for more great inspiration.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Dana M said...

Such striking and festive tags! Love the sparkle and shine.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful and festive tags!!!

Lindsey said...

Glitter at its best! Love all three of these!

Cathy Lillie said...

Love your glittery tags! Thanks for the reminder that tags don't always get the attention that we think they deserve. I have a tendency to overthink and complicate my paper crafting, usually resulting in me being rushed or not finishing. Sometimes it's best to simplify things.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful tags for W&W, I love the pretty wreath!