Monday, November 19, 2018

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 19


Hello, Monday. A new week is easier to take when there are tags to play with! It's Day 19 for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event, and today's sponsor and guest is Jillibean Soup


I used one of my very favourite embossing powders (and you may have noticed, I use embossing powders a LOT :P) and a pretty Christmas tree from the stamp set Winter Wishes: 


Verdigris embossing powder... meant to replicate the patina of weathered copper, but I love it for Christmas trees! There are ornament stamps in this set as well, but I decided to go a little more blingy with some bright and festive "confetti" from Studio Katia. To accommodate the size of the tree, I made my own tag from watercolour paper... I used a circle die to partially cut the top, hand cut the top corners, and used a corner-rounding punch for the bottom corners. 


There's a variety of tag styles to admire and perhaps be inspired by on Tracey's blog today! That's where you'll also find all the details on how to participate and maybe even win a prize! 

Our generous sponsors!


Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Strathmore watercolour cardstock, Jillibean Soup Winter Wishes stamps & dies, Versamark & Versafine onyx black ink, Wow verdigris & black twinkle embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os, Spellbinders circle die, Memory Box winter tiny snowflakes stencil, Dreamweavers glossy white embossing paste, Studio Katia classic Christmas confetti, small hole punch, Creative Memories corner-rounding punch, foam tape

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful tag!! 19 tags behind now AH Life always gets in the way of fun.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the sparkle and shimmer!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Lindsey, this is FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing how you created your tag as I love & make a LOT of tags but have very few actual tag dies. Certainly nothing as fancy as this. Mine are pretty basic shapes but you can do so much with a tag.
Your tree is so beautiful and I love the embossing powders you used. A fantastic tag for sure. Now I need to go and try and replicate your tag shape before I forget how you did it...TFS!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is a fabulous tag Lindsey, the embossing g is gorgeous and the sequins look fab as tree ornaments!!

Nox said...

That is a gorgeous tree - I love the embossing and the sparkly sequins - it looks very festive!

cm said...

I'm pouting that I can't play tag with you today (Canada Post...grrr!), but oh, how your gorgeous sparkly tree has lifted my spirits! Sparkly sensational! Love the sequin ornaments!
hugs~c

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful Xmas tree!!!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous and elegant tag! Love the sparkle and shine.

Kim Heggins said...

Your tree is so beautiful...love all the festive bling!

Dotty Jo said...

So sparkly and cute! Jo x

Mary Holshouser said...

The tree is beautiful.
Love the jewel ornaments.
Fantastic tag.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sandy said...

Ooooh, sparkly! Love all the sparkles, and I'm totally impressed at the tag you cut.

Karen Letchworth said...

You know, Lindsey....I think I'm going to nick-name you glitter girl. Your tags are so lovely, and all these sweet little glittery touches just put them over the edge to stunning. This one is definitely a favorite of mine. Such amazing sparkle and texture, and absolutely beautiful.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Cathy Lillie said...

Fabulous tag! The verdigris embossing powder is such a pretty color. Your tree just sparkles and the jewel ornaments are gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sweet tag. Thanks for sharing

mindy1414 said...

Your tag is beautiful, it is my favorite from the 25 Days of Christmas Tags today. I love the colors and jewels. The Verdigris embossing powder is awesome for the tree, I wouldn't have thought of that so thank you for sharing and the inspiration. (mardy14@bellsouth.net)