Friday, November 16, 2018

Two More Christmas Cards

My idea of finding card challenges to encourage me to make Christmas cards seems to be working, as I have two more to share, for two challenges! First up, one for the current MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge. Here is the sketch: 


With some minor adaptations, here's my version: 


I sort of *suggest* the banner across the main panel with my sentiment, I think... ;) This sketch was perfect after making so many tags - I didn't have to adjust my mind to a much larger canvas for my little polar bear scene. Some minimal colouring with Copic markers, and a sponged and sparkly-sprayed night sky kept this card quick to make. 


Next up, CASology has a great cue word this week: 


I even have the word covered in two ways on my card!


A glass ornament on my glass of sparkly festive beverage! Technically, I suppose the swizzle stick could have a glass topper, too. Clean and simple, but lots of shine thanks to glitter pen and sparkly embossing powder for the sentiment. 
Together my little bits of colouring add up to another day of Kathy Racoosin's The Daily Marker 30 Day colouring challenge. 
Two more Christmas cards for the stash, phew. And the weather outside is currently frightful, so chances are I'll just stay in and make a few more. ;) 

Supplies: (merry christmas) Neenah white & Stampin' Up basic black & real red cardstock, MFT Bitty Bears stamps & dies, Versamark, Versafine onyx black & shaded lilac, faded jeans & chipped sapphire distress ink, Ranger clear & Wow fine white embossing powder, Copic markers, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die, foam tape; (cheers) Neenah white cardstock, Craft Smith green card base, MFT Christmas Cocktails & Simon Says Stamp Cheers stamps, Versafine onyx black & Memento Luxe love letter ink, Ranger clear & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, Copic markers, Gelly Roll clear glitter pen, Winnie & Walter Katharine cutaway die

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

These are amazing, love the cute little bears and who doesn't love a holiday drink???

Wendy Bellino said...

Your cards are super cute! Sketches are my go to tool when I need a little inspiration. I love your interpretation of this one!

Barbara Godden said...

Look at you get those Christmas cards done!!! I've seen some great sketches, I just need time. Super cute little bears card and the drink one looks very inviting. fab. job.

Dotty Jo said...

Love them both, Jo x

Joyce said...

Love both of these. Especially that little present and ornament accompanying your martini glass. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

cm said...

Sweet trio of bears and a sparkly beverage speak festive to me...loudly festive! Yes, when the weather's frightful, crafting is a 'must' (as it is on non-frightful weather days, too...).
hugs~c

Marcie Sharp said...

Fab interpretation of the cue card GLASS. Love this! It's the kind of card I'd love receiving. :) Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week.

Rachel Bergfeld said...

They're both beautiful, but I absolutely love the shimmer on your cocktail glass! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!