Thursday, November 15, 2018

25 Days of Christmas Tags: Day 15


Welcome to Day 15 of Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event! Today Tracey welcomes STAMPlorations to her blog as her guest and sponsor. 


STAMPlorations offers a large assortment of stamps, dies and stencils to create with, and owner Shery generously sent Tracey's design team stamps and tag dies. Here's the first tag I created:


I started by stamping my angel and embossing her in a white satin pearl embossing powder - when used with black ink, it adds a nice satin silver look. Then I mixed some iridescent medium with a couple of blue distress inks to get just the shade and shimmer I wanted for her robe. Her hair is also shimmery. For her trumpet, I thinned a little gold Smooch paint with water. I used more distress inks to give her a magic celestial background on the stitched tag base. 
Since I have some other holiday-themed sets, I couldn't let them go to waste...


This cute little reindeer, as well as the stamps on my next tag, are designed by my Seize the Birthday teammate, Shirley Bampton, which just adds to the fun of using them. 


This tag will be perfect for my brother, as he has a couple of sheep as part of his petting zoo of farm animals. ;) 


The STAMPlorations design team, as well as my tag team friends, have lots more inspiration for you on Tracey's blog, which is also the place to visit to learn all about the ways you can participate... and perhaps even win a prize! 


Supplies: (angel) Neenah white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, STAMPlorations Christmas Angel stamp, Versafine onyx black & tumbled glass, faded jeans, spun sugar & milled lavender distress inks, CUTplorations stitched tag nesting die, Zig markers, Smooch gold paint, Winsor & Newton iridescent medium, MFT mini cloud stencil, gold cord, foam tape; (reindeer) Neenah white cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, STAMplorations Christmas Reindeer stamps & die, gathered twigs & chipped sapphire distress inks, Ranger clear embossing powder, CUTplorations stitched winter landscape, stitched snow hills & manila tag dies, ARTplorations dots all over stencil, Dreamweaver glossy white embossing paste, $ store snowflake gem, scrap ribbon & twine, foam tape; (baa humbug) Neenah white & Bazzill red cardstock, STAMPlorations Baa Baa stamps, Versafine onyx black & Memento Luxe rhubarb stalk inks, Ranger clear & Hero Arts clear sparkle embossing powder, CUTplorations manila tag die, icicle Stickles, scrap ribbon & The Twinery maraschino twine

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

cm said...

A lovely, shimmery angel and oh, how pretty that celestial background! Your prancing reindeer is such fun; one of my favourite STAMP sets showcased wonderfully! Baa Humbug...too cute! Your brother has a petting zoo? That's awesome! A trio of festive delights!
hugs~c

MadeByMeghanK said...

The deer tag is darling! And I love the soft colors on the angel!

Arianna Barbara said...

Darling tags!!! Love them!!!

Isabel Z said...

Love what you created!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my goodness Lindsey these are cute tags, especially the first one... SO SWEET!

Joyce said...

These are all wonderful, Lindsey. I especially love that reindeer leaping over the trees. Those reindeer are my favorite of all the stamplorations stamps I have. Looks like I need the dies, too.

Mary Holshouser said...

The clouds behind the angel
are fantastic. the scene
with the deer is cute.
Love baa humbug.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karen Letchworth said...

Your tags are each SO sweet and you've showed these STAMPlorations stamps so beautifully, Lindsey. Each is creative, sweet and inspiring. LOVE the metallic strings you used, too. Great job again today.
Blessings,
karen Letchworth

Nox said...

Those are very sweet tags - I love the soft colours of the angel tag and the deer tag is very cute too - but I LOVE the BAH HUMBUG sheep tag - LOVE it!

Lindsey said...

A trio of fabulousness! I especially love all the shimmer you achieved no the angel tag...but I love them all!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very cute and whimsical tags!

Dana M said...

Such sweet and darling tags. Beautiful and creative designs.

Kim Heggins said...

three simply wonderful tags....love your sweet baa humbug, just adorable.

Cathy Lillie said...

Cute collection of tags! I'm loving that flying reindeer! Thanks for another day of inspiration.

Tracey McNeely said...

All three are so beautiful! The baaah humbug, so cute!