Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Sisters Celebrate Snarky Chris!


We have a special challenge starting today at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, celebrating our very own snarky sister, Chris! Chris is the newest stamp designer at STAMPlorations, and her first two sets are (what? really?) snarky sentiments! Some of us snuck her sentiments on our cards for our last challenge, but today we wanted to give them a big shoutout. Here's mine: 


When I made my previous card, I showed off how perfectly Chris's sentiments work with STAMPlorations paper ephemera. This time, I thought I'd demonstrate they play well with others, too, so I grabbed a Tim Holtz snarky cat. Once I'd coloured him in somewhat fiery colours, I masked him and added a little stencilling to the background. I also added a little shading around the edges of the panel. And of course made sure the sentiment was prominently displayed! 


Are you ready to get snarky with the sisters? Visit the blog to see everyone's creations using these fun new sentiments. And we're hoping you have something from STAMPlorations in your stash you can use to join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, STAMPlorations Hot Mess & Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Snarky Cats stamps, Versafine onyx black, MFT extreme black & antique linen distress ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Copic markers, Heidi Swapp polka dot stencil, MFT wonky stitched rectangle die

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome!!! that TH snarky cat is perfect for the sentiment, gotta love it when you get a match. great Christ tribute.

Dotty Jo said...

Just love this so much! My CASE doesn't look as fab as this, but I enjoyed making it, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! That snarky cat really does go perfectly with the sentiment! Thank you so much for the shout out! MUAH!

JulieP said...

Apologies for not having anything fresh or innovative to say but that cat and Chris' sentiment are a perfect pairing! Love the subtle dots in the background.

Donna said...

OK that cat is the cat of my nightmares - out to scratch out my eyeballs
LMAO
Yep - perfect match for the awesome sentiment!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love it and the more I see these cats I think I need them.