Thursday, March 31, 2022

Seize the Birthday: Stripe It Up!


Seize the Birthday is sneaking in at the end of March with a new challenge thought up by Jules: Stripe It Up! I have lots of ways I can make stripes, but I also have lots of striped patterned paper, so I let some look after the topping: 


I also happened to have these flowers already stamped and die cut, and thought they were a fun, bright contrast to the muted paper. I wish I'd adhered the sentiment tag a bit lower, but obviously it didn't bother me enough to start over. ;) 


Lots of striped inspiration on the StB blog from my teammates and surprise party guest Deepti, but remember, we have an anything goes birthday card option, too. So make one and join us! 

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, Sunny Studio Subtle Grey Tones patterned paper, Catherine Pooler Find Your Happy stamps & dies, Simin Says Stamp Furry Cat & Box sentiment stamp, Catherine Pooler party dress, tiki torch, tiara, mint to be & dress blues ink, Sugar Pea Designs card front element builder die

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Chris Dring said...

I love the contrast of the bright flowers and the gray striped background. Very cute card!

Barbara Godden said...

Those flowers really pop on the striped background, I think it looks perfect.

JoAnn said...

Pretty card Lindsey. The bright flowers do pop against the soft background stripes.

Barbara said...

Your bright flowers are perfect for your stripped background and it was nice to have them already done and ready to go. Nice matching envelope too.

Nancy said...

I love the soft grey background with your bright flowers! Great birthday card!

JulieP said...

Dontcha love it when you already have the perfect materials for a challenge theme? Beautifull done Lindsey.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE that light gray striped bg paper! Perfect with the fun flowers too

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the look of the muted striped background with the bright floral front. Looks spectacular!!

Cathy said...

Great use of your stripey paper, it's perfect with the bold florals, Cathy x

Colleen said...

Using your own striped paper is being very resourceful and using what you have (and don't we all have a lot of pattern paper!) I love your bright multi colored flowers that you have popped up on your card! Another amazing card, Lindsey! Hope all is still well with you!

Glenda J said...

Great minds ... so much striped patterned paper in my stash too! lol. Such a bright and cheerful card - great colour combo.

shirley-bee said...

I love the subtle background stripes for your vibrant flowers. Works perfectly. (I never even thought to look in my huge paper stash for stripes!)