Saturday, June 26, 2021

Watercolouring with the Snarky Sisters


The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are back with a beautiful new challenge: W is for Watercolour! At first glance, watercolouring and snark do not seem to go hand and hand, and yet the Sisterhood somehow managed it. Here is my slightly snarky version: 


Whatever crafty mojo I may happen to possess had gone completely AWOL as I went to create a card for this, so my many attempts at watercolour techniques are now seeking new life in the recycle bin. Finally, I thought, duh, watercolour powder! I started by stamping and embossing this fun sentiment on watercolour paper, then added my favourite powder - it has lots of secondary colours in it, always making a fun result. After die cutting the panel, I added a little bit of patterned paper and the two martini glasses. 


I decided to try a second version: 


A different drink-based sentiment, with a little more water added to the powder this time for a slightly different look. I found some pink cardstock that coordinated, and added a black card base for a little extra drama. 


There are beautiful - and snarky! - sources of inspiration from my sisters as well as our current guest designer and Queen of Snark, Deanne! I hope you will check them out and then join us! 
Supplies: (alcohol/salad) Stampin' Up smoky slate & Recollections black cardstock, Master's Choice watercolour paper, Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine patterned paper, Unity Alcohol and Salads stamp, Versafine onyx black ink, Wow clear gloss embossing powder, Magenta Nuance watercolour powder, Spellbinders wonky reverse rectangle & Paper Smooches Free Spirits Icons dies; (laughter) Stampin' Up melon mambo textured & Recollections black cardstock, Canson watercolour paper, Hampton Arts Wine stamp, Versamark ink, Wow white embossing powder, Magenta Nuance watercolour powder, Tim Holtz/Sizzix deckle dies

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Both csrds are fantastic. Showing how a little more water is great, (color burst challenged here) The tip might help me a bit.

Donna said...

Watercolour powder??? I have never heard of such a thing - will search that out :)
Both cards are fab! Nicely done sistah

Helen said...

Oh my gosh.. just love those backgrounds!!! Love the sentiments on both! ((HUGS)) Helen

Joyce said...

These are both really fun. Love the backgrounds, and of course, the snarky sentiments.

Barbara said...

Two things about these cards. I love the sentiments and that you did them in pink! Special cards.

Kim Heggins said...

So in love....just so much fun!

JulieP said...

Love these sentiments and of course, the red!!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Two great cards Lindsey, super sentiments.... many a tale or world problem solving discussions we've enjoyed with a glass of red, or two Robyn

cm said...

Fabulous duo! Wine has many benefits! LOL!
hugs~c