Saturday, June 12, 2021

Inkspirational: Slimline


Happy weekend! Today starts a Designer's Choice challenge at Inkspirational, and my teammate Marlena has chosen Slimline Cards! Slimline cards seemed to start as a trend, but they certainly haven't faded away as most fads do, so I may have to start making them more often. :D Here's mine: 


Thanks to another teammate and friend, Carol, I had this pretty butterfly set to ink up for the first time. (So this card will be winging its way to Darnell's June NBUS challenge!) After die cutting the white panel, I randomly stamped the three large branches included with the set. Then I heat embossed the butterfly in gold on vellum - I picked this butterfly of the two as it had larger solid areas where I could hide my adhesive when it came time to add it to the card! The die cut sentiment is also embossed in gold. I layered the white panel on some brushed gold cardstock, then put everything together on a white card base. 


Beautiful makes by all my Ink teammates, as always! If, like me, you haven't ventured too far into the slimline world yet, you're bound to find a card that inspires you. 


Supplies: Neenah white & Sizzix gold brushed metal opulent cardstock, vellum, Colorado Craft Company Blissful Butterflies stamps & dies, Versamark & Catherine Pooler melon ice inks, pirate's gold embossing powder, Pinkfresh Studio slimline stitched die

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Slimline cards are fun, yours is fantastic, great "made by you" background, just enough branches, and the butterfly is gorgeous. The yellow and gold accent each other. I spotted your watermark before I noticed the name lol.

Joyce said...

What a fun slimline card. Love the background you made, and it is really nice to have something to fill up all that skinny white space. Your butterfly is gorgeous--why did I never think to heat emboss gold upon vellum. It's brilliant.

Darnell said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Lindsey! You filled that slimline space perfectly! I'm impressed that you were able to get such smooth heat-embossed gold on that cool stylized butterfly on vellum paper. What gold did you use? Did you heat emboss more than once? Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

I'm a huge fan of green and this is such a cool shade, and I love the butterfly in gold! This is a great slimline card and I had to come by from IG for a better look! Great job!

Marina said...

Beautifully composed - love the way you stamped the foliage and the butterfly looks gorgeous in vellum.

cm said...

Awww...thank you for the shout out! I'm swooning over your embossed vellum butterfly; eye-catching and striking. This, in my view (and one evidently shared by your other commenters), is one stunning slimline! Perhaps it's time I give my set some attention...
hugs~c

Marlena M. said...

Your vellum butterfly is EVERYTHING Lindsey! Such a gorgeous slimline~